Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bacon Tax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bacon Tax

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    The man behind this report and a suggestion of tax is Professor Reverend Mike Rayner who is also the Man Behind the controversial Sugar Tax why can't the vegans live there's lifestyle and leave the rest of us alone
    Why is that many vegan and vegetarian products and made to look and taste like meat? If they are so altruistic they should have the decency to maintain the logic right across the board. A local animal charity near me has a shop where they sell all sorts of donated items, but they will not accept any furniture which has any leather content, because they run the charity on vegan principles, however they do sell dog food.
    BTW - I do like haggis and tried some vegetarian haggis recently, one taste and the rest went for the birds.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 9th November 2018 at 08:43 AM.

2. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18 Talking about food, that starts the salava and juices running and brings to mind black and white pudding. If stay in Europe wonder how long will be allowed to call them such. It also brings to mind would make a good pub quiz question , when is a pudding not a pudding. ....answer when its black or white or Yorkshire. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th November 2018 at 11:51 AM.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The sugar tax, if I recall correctly, was mainly aimed at the so called energy drinks, high in sugar and caffeine content. I knew someone who would drink two or three cans of the stuff daily and if you had met them you would think they either had dementia or Asperger's symptoms. Since coming off them after years of use, they are a completely different person, all due to the sugar tax causing a hike in the price of them.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Judging by the amount of the tins of these high sugar content drinks that i find stuffed in my hedge every day, the tax aint working !!, no matter how hard i try i can never catch the sods in the act, and the same goes for the amount of black bags stuffed in the hedge full of dog crap, we are a filthy nation, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fresh air tax is the next on the agenda, Wouldn't put anything past politician's today.
    {terry scouse}

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Next will be an Egg Tax,then that will be the end of the old time famous English Breakfasts LOL
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 8th November 2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Vegan movement are determined to stop what they regard as animal cruelty and breeding any animals for meat or products this includes bees so if you don't have a market for honey the beekeeper's will stop producing there'll be no bees and much reduced crop yields . Q before mobility hate I used to hunt pheasants and partridges as well as the other rabbits literally everything I shot was for my consumption . Now I appreciate that my habits and my carnivorous desires don't sui t everybody , but unlike the vegans I don't try and impose my lifestyle on others I agree with the Sugar Tax to some extent as long as it does end up reducing the consumption of energy drinks and I should hope that instead of another minority group imposing their own interests but somebody will kick this can so far down the road it's never been seen again
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Lewis McColl Guest

Terry, now if they try and pull that one out of the hat!!! it will be only when we are all driving electric cars, zero emissions we are being led to believe. How about this for a tax. My sons in laws live on the 9th floor of a high rise apartment block. They have what they call a Panoramic tax, because of the view they enjoy, 7th floor no panoramic tax, possible a pervert tax as the uncle lives on that floor and you can see right into the apartment across the road!!

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    The Vegan movement are determined to stop what they regard as animal cruelty .drinks and I should hope that instead of another minority group imposing their own interests but somebody will kick this can so far down the road it's never been seen again
    I know there is affair whack of tax on beer, does the sugar tax apply to beer as well?beer.jpg , sad .jpg, The six pack photo is of me 50 years ago, um!!! ah well it has been a hell of a ride. lol
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 9th November 2018 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Lewis there are some ladies who like cuddly men.

When I was a young lad, just a few years ago, we had a weekly delivery of soft drinks.
    12 bottles of various sodas and each week the empty bottles, all glass, changed over for new full ones.

But we were active, ate good home cooked food and we did not get fat.

Maybe one of those childish things one member commented on.

But the Vegans brown skinned or not, from a language minority or not, they attempt to make all of us feel guilty about eating meat.
    But wait, we now have Vegan Burger bars here in Melbourne selling Vegan burgers which the add tells us look and taste just like meat???????????????????

Today as an aside we took our Friday group to Science Works, as the name says all about Science.

Took a couple of the guys to the Loo, it was one of the 'multi sex non gender' specific ones.

One man with two young kids went there, took one look and said,
    ' I am not allowing my young children into a mixed sex toilet'.

Nothing to do with your guys he said but it is wrong for such places to exist, do not want my six year old daughter to go into one where some 30 year old men may be.
    This is where all the perverts get off, we need ones for each gender.
    I tole him I was in full agreement with him and sympathized with his situation.

But this is what the minority groups are getting into place.
    Soon we will all be vegetarian, non drinking or smoking, non sexual creatures using artificial reproduction, no fun allowed by them for any one.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Captain Kong, Tony Taylor liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3