Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Abc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Abc

I don’t care what anyone gets in a. Made mutual agreement for a job. I do care when one party forfeits on the agreement though such as on payment of top up schemes to retirement pensions. I also don’t agree on large payments being made to twits sitting in board room public offices when the huge amounts are public money and not their own to distribute. A. Private company can do what. It likes with its own money. The taxpayers money is sacrosanct . JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th September 2018 at 01:34 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sadly, things do not work that way in reality.

K.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only way things get changed is by public opinion, and the only way that happens is by people standing up and saying so. The only way it seems to do that is through the ballot box. Even then people do not vote according to their convictions and still listen to the repeated lies every Election Day. Honesty it seems has disappeared from our elected representatives. A lot in the UK do not even bother to vote. That plays right into their hands. Go and vote for at least the raving monster Loony party, or better still shake the pillars of society and vote for the communist party if you have one. JWS

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is also a push here by the Labor party for quotas so that the number of male and females in senior positions will be the same.
    Fine but what happened to the best person for the position?

Here in Victoria we have a Labor gov with females in may of the senior cabinet positions.
    Not one worth a cracker, they speak to the public as if they were all stupid, not what is required.

There is also a push by them for all companies with more than 1,000 employees to show how much they pay their staff.

Wages should be between the employer and the employee, not there for all to see.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I thought on turning on the news this morning there they are the Greens calling for the sacking of all the ABC board. Knew it would happen. These political parties watch people’s reactions to any public scandal and then choose their approach to the situation to gain the best opinion for themselves. Also they can see their own champions in the ABC going under. How many can remember about 1950 with the old black and white tv with only the BBC. It was taken as a model of truth and no scandal attached to it as the likes of today. The first commercial channel with the adverts , people used to say that will never catch on. How wrong can one be , today people are brainwashed by everything they see on telly. The total lack of morals as to what is shown on tv today as of yesteryear has been a good yardstick for the people in general. Anything in the way of entertainment is shown on tv. Then we wonder about the backward movements of society in general, I am no prude but even I am shocked by some of the stuff shown. The national television stations have tried to keep up with this garbage and is the only excuse I could give them. Otherwise you have to fall back and say they are politically motivated which everything today seems to be. The newspapers and their editors are well known for their political thoughts but they are privately owned. The BBC and ABC are not and should be setting an example as being neutral and speaking the truth and not putting their own interpretation on such.The witch hunt will now continue to the delight of the media as will give them full scope on any plan of mayhem they decide to take. At the end of the day we will finish up with an ABC no different than the one we already have. My view is get rid of the whole lot of them and put any monetary savings in the homes for retired sailors. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th September 2018 at 11:57 PM.

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Normally I would say people’s private lives are their own concern and respect their privacy, but the following information I had communicated to me concerns mainly people who have no hesitation themselves of divulging ordinary citizens private lives to the world so see no reason why they should complain on receiving the same treatment.
    Consider this piece of information.
    Why does the left media protect the left ?
    Because the political commentators of the left media are either intermingled or married to the left politicians. It’s a family thing and they protect their own.
    Greg Combet ( labor) partnered to Juanita Phillips ( ABC)
    Gai Bridgman ( labor) married to Chris Uhlmann ( ABC)
    David Feeney ( labor) married to Liberty Sanger ( guest commentator on ABC)
    Barrie Cassidy (ABC) former speech writer for Bob Hawke ( labor) from 1986-1991 married to Heather Ewart (ABC)
    Maxine McKew ( ABC) married to Bob Hogg ( former ALP national secretary)
    Virginia Trioli (ABC) married to Russell Skelton ( The Age)
    Mark Kenny ( Fairfax) married to Virginia Haussegger (ABC)
    Christine Wallace ( ABC and Fairfax) married to Michael Costello ( former chief of staff to Kim Beasley labor )
    Annabelle Crabb ( former Fairfax journalist now with ABC)
    Tony Jones ( ABC’ married to Sarah Ferguson ( ABC) coincidentally Jones took over Lateline role from Maxine
    .David Penberthy ( journalist) married to Kate Ellis ( Labor)
    Paul Kelly ( former Fairfax journalist) formerly married to Ross Kelly ( labor)
    Kerry O”Brien (. ABC) former press secretary to Gough Whitlam.
    Mark Colvin( ABC) married to Michelle McKenzie ( Leichhardt deputy mayor and Greens Councillor.
    Denis Atkins ( ABCInsiders regular) married to Melanie Christensen (ABC Canberra)
    Paul Barry( ABC) married to Lisa McGregor ( ABC)
    The lamentable Mike Carlton ( formerly Fairfax) and Moran Ramsay ( ABC)
    Andrew Fraser ( Fairfax) and Catrriona Jackson ( formerly Fairfax and labor press secretary)
    And so the list goes on
    Labor, Fairfax , and the ABC are joined at the hip.
    I am sure those above mentioned will have no problems with having parts of their cvs made public, after all they make a business out of publishing other people’s cvs.

JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 27th September 2018 at 04:45 AM.

10. Thanks robpage, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dread to think what a look at the BBC might reveal
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It should be open for public display Rob. The same as any politician his life should be an open book for the public to see what they are voting for. Everyone’s working life at one time was there. For any employer to see. Why should they be able to be different , speaking with a plumb in your gob is no excuse. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see now the chair of the board has stepped down.

But that list John looks like something out of a horror movie, but of course as we know the ABC as they will constantly tell you are not biased. But of course when you rae so biased as they are you most likely do not know.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2