Please take the time to watch this.
    Respect to these 3 individuals

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: This is worth a watch

Interesting thanks for that. Keith.

3. Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Yesterday, veterans, royalty and celebrities descended on London’s Leicester Square for the much-anticipated world premiere of new blockbuster, Dunkirk.

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission commemorates many of those lost during the campaign at its sites. Some of the Commission’s staff were also among those rescued and lost.

Keith.

5. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Here we go, an opinion of "Dunkirk" from the only kind of person who matters: someone who was there.

Theatre goers watching the premiere of “Dunkirk” at Calgary’s Westhills Cinemas on Friday night got a surprise encounter with a 97-year -old man who was at the battle in 1940.
    The Battle of Dunkirk took place during the Second World War between the Allies and Nazi Germany in Dunkirk, France.

Calgarian Ken Sturdy, dressed in a jacket adorned with medals, viewed the movie and was impressed by what he saw.

Calgary veteran who survived Dunkirk causes a stir at movie premiere | Globalnews.ca

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I said in a previous post I had 2 uncles at Dunkirk one my fathers brother and the other married to my fathers sister. One came off the beaches carrying his rifle intact and the other carrying a piano accordion. My fathers brother said the only vivid memory he had leading up to the evacuation was ploughing through the civilians clogging up the roads as they walked away from the war area. They were told not to stop and follow the lorry in front regardless. I think that memory was with him until the day He died, being a driver in the RASC he probably had troops in the back of his vehicle. But mowing down people cannot have been the best of experiences. JWS

9. Thanks robpage, N/A, cappy, vic mcclymont thanked for this post