Thread: Only a boy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Only a boy

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Ivan.
    Not for want of trying, even if only in the mind.
    Cheers Des
    Couldn't afford them Des, not like Chile where a bar of Yardley's would work wonders, as the priest would say 'He filled her soul with hope' in Chile it was 'He filled her hole with soap' this will probably get deleted, it did last time!

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan I was just going to go on about South America then you mentions Chile I cant go on anymore my wife bless her is working in the garden and she cant stand hearing grown men cry Dave .

4. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello from NZ. You made me think of my secondary school years. I had nothing but contempt for my teachers who were bullies with one exception , my woodwork teacher,he could actually teach. I left school on the Friday, on the Monday, my fifteenth birthday, I was in the the local mill. Salvation came when a neighbour who was on the Ben line visited and fired me up with stories of the far East. I went to sea school and shipped out on a tramp as spud barber. Round the world at seventeen. Today I have a workshop where I make furniture and R/C model ships and I put it all down to that one teacher over all the rest who could actually TEACH. I had the same experience years later when sitting my C&G in catering. A teacher who could lift you up after an eight hour shift and fire you up again. From there I went on to exec chef to food and beverage manager to general manager. I have had people from my past work who I have met since who have told me that I gave them the desire to learn more and that is very gratifying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3