Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: oriana

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wilcox View Post
    I was a winger on the Oriana back in April 1970 - November 1970, she was a lovely ship, my brother was also on her as a winger, are we the only 2 brothers to sail together on the Oriana? ( Terry and Richard Willcox ) we were both in the Tourist Restaurant. We were also on her when she caught fire in the Solent, ( anyone else on board at that time? Our fire station was in the First Class Restaurant, it's a pitty that the ship caught fire just as the meals were being served, Yum, Yum, we had to finish some of the food off. Also the Gala Nights were very good, we used to dress up then sneak past the camars to the passenger accommadation and up to the disco, untill one of the junior engineers grassed us up, we were doing better than he was. Take care..... Terry
    hi terry \i was on her that trip when she caught fire,I was a bellboy in telephone exchange on A deck regards neil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have mentioned beforeyhat i too joined at barrow oct 24 along with jimmy spearsbilly Airey Joe welsh and jimmy owen, i have a photo somewherw on this site of us in the restaurant, god I didn't think the trip would ever end, it did 51 years ago ,the moral is dont wish your life away, agree the accomodation was great after 10 or 12 in a cabin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: neville

joined in Barrow October 24th 1960, worked every day till 25th
    March arrival at Southampton, hard work even in 1st class 2
    sittings of 8, wonderful accommadation for the time, remember over the
    hill on the France, the big cabins on the Pacifico, 10-12 on the old
    Cunarders Scythia, and Franconia . 2x8 now I cant manage to get up
    an esculator with out blowing for tugs

4. Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oriana.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wilcox View Post
    I was a winger on the Oriana back in April 1970 - November 1970, she was a lovely ship, my brother was also on her as a winger, are we the only 2 brothers to sail together on the Oriana? ( Terry and Richard Willcox ) we were both in the Tourist Restaurant. We were also on her when she caught fire in the Solent, ( anyone else on board at that time? Our fire station was in the First Class Restaurant, it's a pitty that the ship caught fire just as the meals were being served, Yum, Yum, we had to finish some of the food off. Also the Gala Nights were very good, we used to dress up then sneak past the camars to the passenger accommadation and up to the disco, untill one of the junior engineers grassed us up, we were doing better than he was. Take care..... Terry
    G’Day Terry,

Lucky you, I was one of the junior electrical officers in the engine room. Not the one who grassed on you . I would rather have been in the restaurant than locked dawn in the engine room.

Dave.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: oriana

I wasn't on the Oriana on her maiden voyage, but was in Aukland NZ on the SS Tremeadow, when Oriana arrived on her maiden voyage dressed overall, a beautiful looking vessel. In 1965, I joined her in southampton and spent six years on her as Bosuns Mate and Assistant Bosun until 1970 when my girlfriend said either her or the Oriana. A sad tal;e!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3