Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Christmas Presents For Seamen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Christmas Presents For Seamen.

After John, 1971 the Eicadia I was in for 12 months was Runciman's old Linkmoor. As for the fairy believe it or not after a heated argument with the Bosun I told him there is only one place you should be aboard this ship on top of that tree you bloody fairy better say know more Regards Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 18th December 2018 at 02:28 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#21... was on two Exmoors , the first in collission about 1962 in the Plate. And the second one probanbly the same one as you about 1974 when John I Jacobs went to the wall. Only did one trip down the Red Sea with all the aid for Somalia. Was a wasted trip , having been previous in the company everyone thought I was a company spy, found a case of beer down the bilges after discharge so threw it in the messroom for everyone. The old man said I had pilfered it from the cargo so told him to stick the ship up his rear end sideways. What a crowd of woofters . Everyone scared of losing their jobs. I refer to the midships crowd. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th December 2018 at 02:27 PM.

3. Likes Red Lead Ted, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #21... was on two Exmoors , the first in collission about 1962 in the Plate. And the second one probanbly the same one as you about 1974 when John I Jacobs went to the wall. Only did one trip down the Red Sea with all the aid for Somalia. Was a wasted trip , having been previous in the company everyone thought I was a company spy, found a case of beer down the bilges after discharge so threw it in the messroom for everyone. The old man said I had pilfered it from the cargo so told him to stick the ship up his rear end sideways. What a crowd of woofters . Everyone scared of losing their jobs. I refer to the midships crowd. JS

John had to correct myself mate she was ex Linkmoor not Exmoor.
    {terry scouse}

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was never on the Linkmoor the eleven year with Runciman she was one of the later ships and supposed to be a nice vessel at time of building. Was on the Avonmoor, Brocklemoor,, Dartmoor, Exmoor,Glenmoor, Hazelmoor, Jedmoor. Atkinson was the personnel, and stores manager. He talked me into coming back into the company , and beat Chapmans by half an hour . Would have been better off with Chapmans. Found out the hard way isnever good policy to go back to the same work place for a second go.Things are never the same second time round.
    JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my last trip to sea on the South Africa Star having a return ticket I spent all my money, then missed the last train and walked along the ,then, railway line from Flinders Street Station to Port Melbourne. The Mission is about the only building left from the old days.
    I did once get a Christmas present, it was from the Salvation Army when refueled after passing through the Panama Canal homeward bound.
    Terry Sullivan R340406

8. Thanks Bob MacIntyre thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    In Aberdeen Howard the padre visits Every ship in the harbour with parcel for the entire crew ( in his Santa gear )
    He is a reģular very welcome guest aboard ship.
    THanks to the ladies who do all the knitting. The parcels are greatly appreciated.
    James Jamieson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3