Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lng update

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lng update

Every refinery has gas burning 24/7 but have yet to hear any one from the 'Greens' complain about that.
    They carry on about green house gasses yet all fly, very often on any excuse, but do not consider that to be a problem.

They only use 'some' facts and figures that they consider will give weight to their story.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably also in the thousands of oil rigs and production platforms on all the oceans of the world flaring off most of the time and burning waste gases, never hear about the environment when real money is involved. And as often said on here there are continuous natural oil eruptions from the sea bed well above any and all accidental
    spillages. How does man intend to deal with these after he thinks he has climate change solved. ? JS
    I quote part of a readers letter in today’s paper.... All those wanting something to be done in Australia that will have a global impact on climate may just as well do rain dances, or offer sacrifices to the gods, there is nothing they can do to alter something that has happened countless times over since time began on earth.
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th November 2018 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh so true John, but when it comes to politics they will do anything to win a couple of votes.

Punch out the same story long enough and some will follow and give their vote to them.
    Sad really when you think about it, bit like brainwashing of sorts but in the end what happens, very little from my experience.

We have had all the scares in the past, ice age supposed to arrive in the 70's, hole in the ozone layer which now happens every year as a natural occurence, and now this.
    What next, Father Christmas is real, there really are fairies at the bottom of the garden?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Yep, now we seem to have green people that always fly ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yesterday I was on the Prom in Cleveleys, tween Fleetwood and Blackpool, On the prom are several notices with pictures showing on one, Sea shells and their names and types, another had pictures of the various pebbles on the beach there.
    One was a Black pebble that comes from the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland, brought all that way 18,000 years ago on the Ice Sheet that covered all the area of the Irish Sea.
    Now that all melted thousands of years ago. So Why do they make me pay a Green Tax of £250 a year on my little car because of Global Warming.???
    Will that bring back the Ice Sheet ??, if it did then the Ferries would be out of a job.
    The Greens get Dafter and dafter every day, Why do people take notice of them ?? are they just as Daft??

Lewis McColl Guest

Brian it is all about the emissions, if memory serves you don't drive a lot? so you run an older car? but how is this for fair play. The all-electric Tesla Model S price will be from £49,900 in the UK
    The high-performance, all-electric Tesla Model S price will be from £49,900 in the UK, with first right-hand drive deliveries expected by March next year. The price includes the £5,000 government plug-in car grant. I don't know to many people who live in the North end of Birkenhead who will be shopping for a £50 k car and get a £5k grant from the UK government, so maybe your £250 a year Green tax is helping fund the well off to go green !!!
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 6th November 2018 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The right-hand drive Tesla Model S has been available in the UK since 2014 the one that will be launched sometime during 2019 is the Tesla Model 3 . I know someone who runs one and has had it for about a year it was purchased second-hand and on a journey from Weston-super-Mare to London they had to get a top up charge at the only service station with a charging point along the M4 which is at Membury and then pop back up in London and put another 15 minutes charge back in memory on the way home so as far as I'm concerned I'm not impressed by The Range at all . The acceleration though it's phenomenal

When the green lobby look at the emissions from the Tesla and any of the other all electric cars are available they look at the emission from the car they don't look at the emission from the power station that is generated the electricity that's charge the battery so again it's another omission from the greens in their facts this is what annoys me I agree basically with 90% of what they want us to do in terms of emission control and not poison in the atmosphere but when they keep putting out fake information or rather insufficient information I'm afraid that if you have to lie about your fingers or withhold information about your figures then it makes me very suspicious tell the truth and I'm sure a lot more people would agree with the green lobby
    Last edited by robpage; 6th November 2018 at 09:42 PM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob, if the power stations have to watch the output for eg at half time cup final, when everyone nips out and puts the kettle on, what the hell are they going to have to do when most have electric cars and on charge, surely they will have to have more power stations, and thousands of charging stations nationwide, i hope they have it all in the plans, kt
    R689823

Lewis McColl Guest

Rob regardless of when the Tesla Model S was introduced into the UK, my point was that the better off can afford to buy all the singing and dancing so called environmental friendly cars and get a hand out from the government for doing so. The less well off do not have the same opportunities, hence the level playing field. Closest we got to was the scrappage allowance scheme. Also are car makers cashing in on the prices. Just roughly a Renault Twingo 3 (Petrol) here in France starts at €10,800 ish!!! The electric Renault Zoe (electric car) starts at €17,500. Both these cars are similar in size. Even with the electric car it is not free motoring and I am not talking about the charging costs. If you decide to buy the car outright and own the battery add about €5000 to the costs, or you can lease the battery for about €80 a month. A Twingo petrol 1.0l will give you about 600 miles to a tank, the best Zoe will give you (battery dependant) 150/250 miles daylight running and good conditions. Yes electric cars are for the better off. Best road to try and reduce emissions is the Hydrogen cell. the attached link may be of interest. https://www.hyundai.co.uk/about-us/e...ogen-fuel-cell . When I was with BP we had a Hydrogen cell placed onboard to test, I was not really involved with it but it was just an experiment. it was used to run a deep freeze unit the size of a domestic appliance. We never had any problems while it was onboard.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 6th November 2018 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Rob, if the power stations have to watch the output for eg at half time cup final, when everyone nips out and puts the kettle on, what the hell are they going to have to do when most have electric cars and on charge, surely they will have to have more power stations, and thousands of charging stations nationwide, i hope they have it all in the plans, kt
    Very correct, did hear that the UK will need to build another five nuclear power stations to meet demand over the next 20 years.
    Also the question of where does the revenue come from when the sales of various fuels declines? Currently in UK 55% of bowser price is tax.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast