Thread: Great to See

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Great to See

Its great to see the whole reason for Brian setting up this site, being achieved. Just looking and reading the threads on the site over the last few days , I have seen a number of old friends meeting up again and sharing memories of their times together at sea and the ships they were on. This must be very rewarding to Brian who set this site up for that very purpose and I for one, am very grateful to him for doing it. I am delighted to see it happening and to be a part of it. As I have said on a number of occasions, we are unique, in that we were of a time that no longer exists, of ships that no longer exist and we are a band of people, joined together by a culture of friendship, loyalty and incidents, which will live in our lives forever. We wont forget our lives at sea, nor will we forget the people we sailed with, for good or evil but is'nt it great to meet them again and share those times we spent together. I think it is anyway. Thank you Brian for giving us the chance to talk again of our days at sea and of a different world to today.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Great to See

Yip
    Second that point
    Ron the batcave

3. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To set up a site such as this takes time, money and enthusiasm, not for the feint hearted.

But it has not only brought old mates together it has revived memories, brought a wealth of knowledge and understanding to many, catering crew such as I had little understanding of deck, but now from the experience of others have a far better understanding of what it was all about.

It is somewhere we can exchange ideas, get some help with such as computer problems, but most of all it allows us to keep the memory of the British Merchant Navy alive in the hope that future generations may learn from it.

You do not find too many like Brian as you go through life.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am relatively new to this site, still finding my way around must say am feeling privileged to be a member, finding it very interesting, informative and friendly. A great experience in sharing views with others of similar backrounds. Thank you to all who are part of this.