Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten Service...still forgotten.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Forgotten Service...still forgotten.

approximately five days before 3rd sept I sent a submission to the editor of our local online news service. I explained that it was a day dedicated to the Merchant Navy, the forgotten service, to honour the 32,ooo Canadian,British and allied seafarers who perished during WW2.... His response was good and stated they would do something with it... Noting appeared on the 2nd, or the 3rd...Being totally pi--ed off I fired off another email stating my disappointment for the no show....I'm still waiting for an answer.....Tree huggers and bird watchers don't seem to have any problem getting their submissions printed...
    rgards, stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Forgotten Service...still forgotten.

#1... Stan don’t lose any sleep over them, I a couple of months ago offered copies of certificates and old correspondences going back many years for exhibits in their museum. Wasn’t too bothered whether they wanted or not , but they didn’t even have the decency to reply and say so. Lose no sleep over these people they aren’t worth bothering about, and this was a nautical museum of all places. Politically motivated ? Who knows or who cares, their loss , grandchildren’s gain. As long as we have people who remember that is the main thing. Who needs the likes of the present labour leader laying a wreath, especially after laying one at a terrorists ceremony recently. I wouldn’t even invite them to. JWS

Recent readers comments in world International Press...what a disgusting spectacle to see pictures of him laying a wreath in honour of terrorists.
    Where does this man come from I wonder. He is beginning to remind me of another anti Semitic . .....................
    If this man is anti Semitic and leader of the UK Labour Party does that. Infer that his followers are of the same mind.. to me he is. A disgrace by admiring terrorism......... letter goes on and is signed. Whether true or not this is what people read , and there are millions who all live with different opinions and beliefs.
    Have always said best to retain your own culture and beliefs and let others get on with their own business.
    As regards trying to get some movement and showing for all those lost from the war years , you are dependent on which side of the bed some of the layabouts get out of it. The present generation are not teeming with people Who can remember much past last week. And most have grown up without a merchant navy. However I admire all those who try to do the correct thing. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th September 2018 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have often written to news papers, politicians and radio commentators on a number of subjects including MN day.
    The local radio station does acknowledge my contribution to MN day.
    As to the others, if it suits they may reply but very often then turning the comments to suit their own ends.

I now give up on so many and now concentrate on mentioning good deeds or helpful persons rather that trying to change the world.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Europe WW2 never happened, it has been airbrushed out of history, No one cares anymore, We are the last generation who know the truth.
    It is not taught in schools here,
    It was just another Hollywood movie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

that will be the 1941 - 1945 war then ?
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter what generation one belongs to, people must never forget that without the United States, the war against Axis Fascism would have been lost.

Regards from,
    Fouro .

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a similar line if Germany hadn't decided to tackle Russia at the same time as the rest of Europe we might have had a much bigger problem
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Carter View Post
    approximately five days before 3rd sept I sent a submission to the editor of our local online news service. I explained that it was a day dedicated to the Merchant Navy, the forgotten service, to honour the 32,ooo Canadian,British and allied seafarers who perished during WW2.... His response was good and stated they would do something with it... Noting appeared on the 2nd, or the 3rd...Being totally pi--ed off I fired off another email stating my disappointment for the no show....I'm still waiting for an answer.....Tree huggers and bird watchers don't seem to have any problem getting their submissions printed...
    rgards, stan
    Hi Stan, Much the same this end.
    My letter to the paper regarding MN Day was not published.
    I should have named it Gay Pride or the likes then it would have been.

10. Thanks Stan Carter, Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Den, I have to agree with that sentiment.

Apart from the Gay Mardis Gras in Sydney we have two in Melbourne, one is lead by the Chief commissioner of police the other just about every rag bag LGBTIQ person there is.

The media coverage in unbelievable, if the MN got only 10% of that we would be well known by now.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Captain Kong, Trader, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in the UK the LBGT etc mob have publicists and lobbyists well paid by big donations , the MN has a few old blokes with memories

14. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast