Thread: Clean Air

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Clean Air

I am sure that emissions from ships have been mentioned in other threads but here is the latest on it.
    IMO Reaches Deal to Cut CO2 Emissions from Ships – gCaptain
    rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Clean Air

We were always subject to an environment agency control in the factory ashore they used to occasionally monitor a boiler room stack which was quite low compared to modern legislation we had overhead motorway section which bypass Portsmouth not many 100 yards away the NoX , SoX and carbon emissions from the motorway just blasted us into the minor league . The raised motorway section at Farlington in Portsmouth has never to the best of my knowledge ever been within the emissions parameters . I think sometimes the legislators pick an easy target things like motorways which are under the Highways Agency which are connected to the Ministry of Transport are very hard to enforce anything against so they get left alone . Ships in harbour nice easy target
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is one statement that highlights the bullshit behind C02, we hopefully hope to eliminate the production of C02-how?
    Manufacturing steel produces Co.
    Building the ship produces Co2.
    Electricity to propel. produces Co2
    So how can we produce anything that eliminates Co2?
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a whole industry about selling your carbon Levy if you run in surplus and I forget what year the figures were based on but we managed to run in surplus and used to get remembering that I retired 10 years ago several thousand pounds by selling our carbon surpluses
    es off the trouble is a lot of these things run on subsidies and Systems which team to generate money without actually producing results . Some of the paper manufacturers used to plant 3 trees for every one they cut down which covered the carbon used within their factories meaning that there were a carbon negative producer and then received a subsidy for it the problem is we are dealing with real numbers we're dealing with imaginary green ones
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )