Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thrusting forawrd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Thrusting forawrd

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Hi Bill that looks like Aberdeen harbour on the other side to Waterloo Quay and Seaforth buildings. If is have crossed that stretch of water sideways many times on the Victor, the Commander ,Viscount Sovereign and others, the buoy must have been there years before my time, and today would be a hazard to navigation. Don’t know if Aberdeen is same today, but always used to wonder how in and out had to take a pilot, but once in could shift ship around the harbour ad lib with permission from port control channel 12 vhf. When shifting had to be on best behaviour as knew they were watching from the office windows in Seaforth. Cheers JWS.
    Hello again John. You are right it's the upper dock. I also have a postcard of the Victoria Dock showing a buoy I think it would the 50/60's. Waterloo Quay to the right. Times are really changing here they are building a new harbour round the Girdleness headland in the Bay of Nigg, I think they are after cruise ships and the decommissioning of offshore installations.
    Regards Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3