Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Britains Maritime trade

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Britains Maritime trade

Yes there is no doubt the Germans are a bunch of scheming so & so's. But they are still a clever people. One thing I will say about the Germans
    They have respect for their Engineers , Doctors, and other professionals. That is one reason they are the best at what they do.
    In the UK if you are an engineer and someone asks you what do you do for a living and say I am an engineer they look at you and think how boring. If you say you are social worker they think you are wonderful. It is because of attitudes like that that the UK still has a Brain drain.

2. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis 19, Jesus , if what you are predicting comes true, Prime Minister Corbyn !!!!, i was quite happy when i started the morning jobs, now you've really got me worried. He does seem to have gained back some sort of respect from his cronies, but he would be an even bigger disaster than Brown, he has been a political sh** stirrer all his life, kt

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#21... Lewis you obviously go by the party line and read all their brochures and beleive the crap they put out, the same as all political parties. If you think Germany is such a Great engineering country am surprised you didn't choose there to live rather than France or Spain.in 1953 on my first visit to Germany you could buy a woman for 20 cigarettes ,do you think they are still not bitter about that. I have in laws who live and work in Germany and they swear by the country. They are too young to know how fast they have risen from the ashes. Myself feel like an intruder when return to uk as also chose to live elsewhere which I have no regrets about, but my adopted country comes first, Europe without the UK, comes well down the list as have very little time for. I would put the USA as the future of Australia as they at least have proved in the past the best for this country.. politics I suppose someone has to do the job, but have seen very few individuals who raise any expectations in my breast. Keith it won't be PM Corbyin will be Chief Commissar Corbyn, even the Russians won't reconize him, certainly not the Chinese either. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th September 2017 at 11:34 AM.

Lewis McColl Guest

Sorry, but I mention the fact the Germans are great engineers, bang if you think the germans are so good why did you not live there. It is an opinion a simple fact the Germans are good engineers, what has 20 cigarettes got to do with anything? France also have some excellent engineers, that is why the UK have asked them to build the next generation of Nuclear power stations, why? because we do not have the know how now to do it ourselves, Jaysus we are even asking the Chinese to help ffs .
    No doubt I will get lambasted again for being anti UK. I am not anti UK I am voicing an opinion about how engineers are viewed by either government or joe public in the UK.
    Britain used to be a great industrial manufacturing nation, we can blame the Unions , management, governments poor design , badly made goods etc. Everytime though someone throws the war years into the debate. Perhaps that is why the UK is in the merde because we sat on our fat ars- while Germany adopted the attitude okay let's move on as conflict did not work so we will run europe economically.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 12th September 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis perhaps. You should have emphasised you are a marine engineer and not a motor mechanic. Your arguments are for those who want to argue the point, was how They split the atom when an unbeatable force meets an immovable object. Most people have made their choices on their policy's and you are trying to convert the unconvertable as most are too long in the tooth. The old door knocking like a prospective candidate was Put to bed a long time ago, there is no prospects of converting old people, we remember, even if we can't remember what we had for lunch yesterday. The simple main truth of the matter as regards the EU is that the British people do not wish to be ruled by foreign entities. If I still lived in the UK would have voted as well to get the heck out of it. As regards the 20 cigarettes they were a form of money even then on the black market and was a going rate for fräuleins in Hamburg. Even as late as 1956. In Gdansk under Russian. Control in 1970 you could have a night ashore on a packet of chewing gum that's if you could get it ashore hidden in your underpants so the Russian guards couldn't confiscate. Ask comrade Corybn he was floating around during those times, which he still follows the party Line no doubt. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th September 2017 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Vic , Ted Heath was the man that signed us in and the bent basta-d took a £35,000 back hander to do it. Getting the UKinto the EU or EC or EEC had nothing to do with a Labour government. It was the Tories, so be man enough to own up to that fact without blaming the Labour party, they had nothing to do with Britains initial corrupt entry into the Club.
    Lewis, read what I posted, not what you think I posted.
    Yes,Heath took us into the EEC (as it was then). There was growing disquiet in the country over our membership.
    The Labour Government, also saw the EEC as a way of undermining the UK.
    The Labour promised a referendum if they won't election.
    Wilson came from Brussels and said we didn't,t get all that he wanted,but he waved a piece of paper, promising the UK a good.
    There was no such deal it has been proved that Wilson lied and lied again in order to keep the UK in the EEC.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Terry the Conservatives have about as much chance of winning the next general election as my ass has at winning a grouse shooting competition.
    Well Lewis,all you can say about Corbyn's is that he is like a transistor,flipping and flopping over decisions.
    Last week he was indecisive,this week he is not so sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic do you think Ted Heath would ever have come out of the closet by now. Was born too soon, would have been living in a dream world today. Cheers JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only asking the Froggie to build our nuclear stations because Brown sold off Westinghouse which we owned.

12. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Vic do you think Ted Heath would ever have come out of the closet by now. Was born too soon, would have been living in a dream world today. Cheers JWS
    john the Russians tried to set him up on a visit with a young lad???jp

14. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast