Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

Should have rubbed it Cappy. Might of got Jeanny with the light brown hair coming out in a whisp of smoke. Could of even giving you the idea of the song I dream Of Jeanny with the light Brown Hair and beat Rogers and Hammerstein to it and made a fortune. Wouldn't of slept either I suppose if she had popped out of the Urn. Cheers and Jims pigs ears not forgetting the ginger beers John S

2. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Short Documentary - Looking for Mariners in long distance relationships

I wonder if Celia ever got any useful information from these series of posts, she seems to have disappeared into the ether

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11 Hi Ivan I admit I joined to find out information on my Dad I to wished i'd asked Dad about his time at sea hind sight is a marvelous thing and yes i re-live his time through your experiences Dad retired at 64 and died a year later 1987 he would have been 93 this year I was 26 I would have also loved him to walk me down the aisle when I got married 1989 and to sit there with all his 6 grandchildren around him he saw 1 but i am great full he didn't have to watch his son die of cancer 8 years later yes I love this site,the banter. the stories and yes I re-live his life because you lot bring him back to me

5. Thanks Ivan Cloherty, cappy, N/A, Lou Barron thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Judith, thank you for your post, and although we cannot bring your dad back to you, you can be sure that we on here are here to help in anyway we can. We know our language and comments are a bit ripe at times, but it was at sea as well, although I can say that we in the main we contained our language in the presence of the fairer sex, and I'm sure your dad would have joined in the banter around this virtual saloon and messroom table, and is surely proud of you for your kind comments for which we all thank you

7. Likes cappy, N/A, judith george, Lou Barron liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#65, Judith, What a heartfelt expression you relayed, which I think speaks for all of us on here who came searching for kith and kin. Like some, me included, you have stayed on and enjoy what this tremendous site has to offer in the way of knowledge, wisdom and wit how kind of you to say so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going back to my Mothers ashes, by brother took them back to Scotland to scatter as she wanted. However told me for some reason he went into some kirk to ask if was ok. Was told had to get special permission and a licence to do so, which of course cost money. Out here went to a Wake of someone I knew, was held in the grounds of a hotel, Just dumped the ashes on a convenient bush. Fail to see how in Scotland they can prevent the strewing of someones ashes, could be cigarette ash for all they know. JS

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

My paternal grandparents are in the same plot, along with my youngest sister
    Laura. Dad's ashes are in an urn at home waiting for mum. The plan is to scatter a little of both their ashes in a place special to them when the time comes, and bury discreetly the rest in the family grave so they are all together. Have no intention of asking for permission for any of it.....stuff and nonsense......Some laws are just made to be broken

12. Likes judith george, Evan Lewis, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you guys and Marian for the kind replies Dads ashes are scattered out in Swansea bay just past the 1 mile buoy Mam wants to go out with him Yes Dad would have loved sitting around with you lot remembering days gone bye think Dad was a bit like Cappy's Brother a bit on the naughty side as for the ripeness of some of the language after working 21 years in a factory full of women not a lot shocks me now

14. Likes Evan Lewis, cappy, j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by judith george View Post
    Thank you guys and Marian for the kind replies Dads ashes are scattered out in Swansea bay just past the 1 mile buoy Mam wants to go out with him Yes Dad would have loved sitting around with you lot remembering days gone bye think Dad was a bit like Cappy's Brother a bit on the naughty side as for the ripeness of some of the language after working 21 years in a factory full of women not a lot shocks me now
    ###that brother of mine has something to answer for ........the things i get blamed for lol cappy

16. Likes N/A, judith george liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7