Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help

No, I really do not know the year or years he was on the Manchester Regiment. Just had a thought though, I remember my sister arguing his birthdate with me as I think she did have a discharge book, which she then lost during a move, which gave his date of birth as 1908. Then I sent for his birth certificate and it was definitely 1906. So there's the possibility that he was a bit 'casual' about birthdates. (I have found a few other relatives like that!) I also seem to recall I contacted Southampton Archives and they had details, not many, on his father but nothing for my Dad.

regards, Audrey

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much for the photos, Brian. Sure that's the ship he sailed on. My mother had an uncle in Montreal and Dad would catch up with them when he was in port.

regards, Audrey

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help

No, just don't know the years he was aboard the Manchester Regiment and don't have a dratted discharge book. I have been in touch with Southampton and they found nothing. Very frustrating not being able to get any information. But my thanks to you, Hugh and all the others that have sent replies and tried to help. I'd like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Regards, Audrey

4. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A, Doc Vernon, Red Lead Ted, Hugh thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2