Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Embarrassing medical exams

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Embarrassing medical exams

I had the dreaded operation some years ago for piles !, so my mother was right, don't sit on damp ground. The operation will have changed by now, but then, a day after the op, a large plug had to be removed !!!!, i soaked in a bath for some time, but no joy, i could not remove it. So on informing the nurse, she told me to lie on my front, and then i heard what sounded like mole grips fastening on to the item, and she gave the plug a twist, and yanked it out, Blimey, did i see stars, and i lay there for another ten minutes totally knackered. One of my workmates who was having the op some time later, and who i had been frightening to death with my story of plug removal, later told me that he never had the offending item in his case, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My husband had a hernia operation about 10yrs ago. It was around Christmas time so he had to wait till the end of January to get his appointment. The surgeon said that he should've come earlier then it would've been done with key hole surgery! My husband calmly told him if he hadn't had to wait 2 months for the appointment he would've come earlier.
    Not being used to hospitals the next morning ( very early) after the operation I got a desperate phone call from him to pick him up now!! I'd already rung the ward to be told 11am pick up needless to say he was home by then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my favourite " graveyard" shift I had a large lady brought round from A&E for a neck X-ray after being in a MVA. Because of her size and given I was on my own I decided to leave her on the trolley and do the pictures there. She was groaning steadily so I tried to reassure her I wouldn't be long and then she could get some pain relief.
    This went on for a little while. I checked her films everything seemed ok so went back to tell her I was finished. She grabbed my arm said " the pain is coming every 2 mins you silly girl!" Penny drop I threw the films on top of the trolley, unlocked the wheels and ran her post hast back to A&E. Whew that wasn't in my brief.
    Shortly after an nurse from A&E rang to say she had a boy ( she couldn't stop laughing). They hadn't noticed either I might add. Strong cup of coffee was next.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4