Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing medical exams

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Embarrassing medical exams

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    I always found the most interesting shift to work was what we called the "graveyard" 12midnight to 8am..
    No prizes for guessing what our guy had seen.
    Victoria I have always had the highest regard for all who work in the NHS its a great pity the public well some have no respect for our nurses? jp
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 13th May 2019 at 07:57 PM.

2. Likes Graham Payne, osheadenis, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    Victoria I have always had the highest regard for all who work in the NHS its a great pity the public well some have no respect for our nurses? jp
    Some hospitals in Victoria Oz have 3 strike rule to protect their frontline staff. If the patient is abusive or violent numerous times they are refused treatment ( if not serious) and the police are called.
    Sad but a fact of life. This isn't confined to hospitals private services are subjected to this as well. Quite often it is the female patients who are the worst. Nowadays with dangerous drugs out there it is more difficult as staff don't always know what substance these people have taken.
    Even check out girls in supermarkets are subjected to this kind of behaviour.
    I could write a book on the number of times this occurred to me in my long career. You learn to "harden up" and refuse this type of behaviour failing that a good attendant is always handy to stand in the room with you, safety in numbers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have one Melbourne hospital, Footscray, where in the emergency department there is always at least one police on duty.
    It is a high drug use area and the police are there for two reasons, to keep the peace and to hopefully to learn from some who come in where the drugs ae coming from now.

Many hospitals have security guards in emergency, there are some real nutters out there and staff security is one of the main reasons we have them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Ken Norton, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few years back I was being prepped early one morning for my hip replacement. the nurse and a student came to the part where a catheter had to be inserted into the "old lad". the nurse couldn't get it in, nor could the student, each taking turns, this went on I swear for a good ten minutes and all the time I kept thinking I always wondered what a threesome would be like and this carry on was not helping the image. very embarrassing to say the least.
    regards, stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like it was ' hard ' work for them Stan
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nurse to doctor: You may have misheard me, I said "remove his spectacles"

Doctor to nurse: And you my dear, may have misheard me, I said "prick his boil"

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

9. Likes osheadenis, Tony Taylor, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Carter View Post
    A few years back I was being prepped early one morning for my hip replacement. the nurse and a student came to the part where a catheter had to be inserted into the "old lad". the nurse couldn't get it in, nor could the student, each taking turns, this went on I swear for a good ten minutes and all the time I kept thinking I always wondered what a threesome would be like and this carry on was not helping the image. very embarrassing to say the least.
    regards, stan
    In the days of Barium enemas we had to insert a tube into the rear so that the fluid could enter the bowel for the test. This day a older man point blank refused to allow me to do that because I was female. He insisted on the doctor doing it. I was happy to go along with that and went to explain the problem with the doctor.
    Unfortunately the patient was completely unaware the doctor on duty that day was a female.
    She went into the room immediately, I chose to wait outside. She reappeared and said " we can proceed now". The guy didn't even wait to use the toilet after the test just raced straight out of the rooms. Hate to have been sitting next to him on the bus!
    Last edited by Victoria Moss; 15th May 2019 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in about 65 I was sent to hospital in London for a Hernia repair, in for two weeks.
    Night before the op, at about time the evening meal was being served I was given an Enema with warm water whilst still in my bed with the curtains drawn around.
    You can imagine the comments from the beds close to me.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Tony Taylor, Ken Norton, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Back in about 65 I was sent to hospital in London for a Hernia repair, in for two weeks.
    Night before the op, at about time the evening meal was being served I was given an Enema with warm water whilst still in my bed with the curtains drawn around.
    You can imagine the comments from the beds close to me.
    I am glad they refrain from those when a lady goes into labour these days! I was lucky and missed out on that indignity but I know of others who were given one while entering labour. As if you didn't have enough to think about!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thankfully Victoria most hospitals now have entered the 21st century.

Had a second hernia op in late 2013, no Enema and in at 0600 hours out at 1300 hours all done.

But with the one in 64 I had mesh put in, very early days for this and when having the second the surgeon was keen to ask me about it.
    Now it is common practice to sue the mesh.

With the 64 model like many others I was in agony for days, could not stand up fully as the stiches pulled and the morning after the op a doc came and told me he was going to move any trace of anesthetic from my chest.
    Hold tight to the wound he said as he began banging my back.
    How I never jumped out of bed with the pain I will never know.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Graham Payne, Victoria Moss liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast