Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Food

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food

Last hotel buffet , uncontrolled kids were a hazard
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little light hearted here !
    Well this is sort of not on Food but in a way is !??
    My dear Wife and myself have just recently started taking both Hemp Seed and Hemp seed oil,the oil her Indoors takes ,while I take the Seed!
    I thought that possible I could get on a high with it LOL joking!

After some research have found both to be of good benefit to our general Health,
    Irene' has had very sore Feet (Soles) and has found walking at times to be very painful, but since she has been on the Hemp Oil her Soles of the Feet are so much better already and this after only a Month,a great improvement and she can now go for her long walks that she so loves.

I being on the Hemp seed now for only Two Weeks trial, have found that my rather sore Fingers that were somewhat bents with Arthritis are already coming back to straight as they were Years ago,the pain as well has virtually gone,this is to us both amazing.
    We were a bit reluctant to start it bit now am so glad that he did!
    So that is it Lads just thought we would share this with you!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Tonight following the news BBC 1.

Takeaway Secrets Exposed - Panorama

Monday 14th, January, 10:40pm - 11:10pm

The UK takeaway industry is booming, with the country now spending over £10 billion a year on takeaway food, but what is the real cost of convenience? Along with traditional takeaways, the online market is also flourishing, and dominated by giants like JustEat and Deliveroo. Reporter Tina Daheley lifts the lid on the secrets of the takeaway industry, as Panorama investigates how planning laws are being subverted and food safety legislation flouted, in the battle to sell whatever consumers want to eat, whenever and wherever they want to eat it.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Although quite interesting tackled more the new
    online ordering and providing side rather than kebabs etc.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just me this is lads!
    After reading quite a few Posts on Kebabs I must admit ( Actually this was done somewhere before) that I am quite fond of them,no matter what they ae called Doner or other!
    I recall when we forst hit Aussie Soil and it was the third day here,when we were taken to the Markets in Hombush,it was to say the least a great site,especially for my dear Wife and Kids then small, sa they had never seen such huge Markets before!
    I had of couse seen large Markets in the Uk Years prior.
    Anyway walking through these Markets and after a while we became quite Hungry thus the People we were with took us over to one of the Kebab Kiosk's ,that did look Yummy !
    We ordered for the lot of us having the Mixed Beef and Chicken Kebabs with all the trimmings,and Boy was it Lekker!! LOL
    From then on we have eaten Kebabs on quite a regular basis and never found it to be of any harm at all.
    They are a good value for Money and you get a large portion to say the least, we have a nice one here in Blackheath now (Opened some 7 Months ago) he makes wonderful Kebabs,Beef or Chicken, plus he does Pizza and Fish and Chips so quite a variety.
    So as said this is just my take on Kebabs here,i cannot talk for other places around the World. But for me the Aussie Kebab as is well known now ,there is no better nosh!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never have a problem with the chicken or lamb kebabs they always come across with a great salad well cooked and no problem whatsoever my huge problem is with what is the content of the doner kebab that is something that I think I would not want to even try the ones you see locally tend to be quite fatty and a strange colour before they even start cooking them
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So this post kind of pushed us...

We had Arby's.com kebabs tonight - they weren't UK high street at after pub quality but pretty good

SDG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The most popular Kebabs here are the ones where the meat is cut from the spit as it rotates.

As to outbreaks of Noro Virus on cruise ships, most is caused not so much by use of the buffet but by those who do not wash their hands after the loo, ladies according to my wife are the worst, and those who eat and drink ashore in suspect venues.

There are also those who are sick before joining the cruise and figures show for some reason that Sydney is the worst port for persons coming on board with some form of sickness which they do not declare.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

not eaten a curry or Chinese in 50 years some of the stuff you see on the menu looks like something the dog threw up? jp

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, i obviously cannot comment on the ladies in the loo, and hand washing, what i do know is that in the gents the number of times using the urinal, blokes just walk out without washing their hands, and you know that when you get to the door to exit, there is no way of getting out without using the handle !!!, i now use a tissue to open the door, and then have a problem disposing of the tissue.I can see on cruise ships, hand rails etc makes it a real problem, kt
    R689823

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast