Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: out of hospital

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: out of hospital

Hello John,
    What you need now to get over this dreadfull shock is confidence within yourself. The healing process will take time and you might experience a few periods of uneasiness during your recuperation. Your character assures me you will get over this and regain your strength soon.

Best Regards from
    Fouro.

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish to thank all my shipmates for their messages of goodwill after the scary time last sunday the artery was 90% blocked and after watching the procedure live as they performed it the staff were second to none i'm still a bit weak but barb and the boys are running around making a fuss of me a few good pans of scouse and pee whack and I will be good lucky john again? were would I get such good friends but on this site a very merry Christmas to you all I am black and blue at to minute they did the task through my wrist what cleaver people we have in the world and great to have a nurse in the family thanks again people its very humbling to have such family and friends.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had no idea J,P, I met Barb yesterday and she informed me with being off the site otherwise occupied and out of the grove these days but let me wish you a speedy recovery buddy, I will drop in towards the end of the week. Put your feet up J,P You certainly got 9 lives buddy best wishes Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One winter night in 1996 after having enjoyed a night out with some pals, a feast of beer, steak, egg, chips and mushrooms I awoke at midnight with a pain in my chest; indigestion thought I, so I got up and decided to sit for a while and enjoy a smoke. The pain got worse and was in my right arm, so I thought ‘could this be a heart attack’ and went to the bathroom in search of aspirin, by this time the pain was so severe I was stumbling about the place practically wrecking it which of course awoke my wife, she called the paramedics (telephone 911 in Canada).
    They arrived very shortly even though it was snowing heavily, and they put an oxygen mask over my face carried me down stairs in a chair, bundled me in to a gurney and the down the path to the ambulance, all aided by numerous neighbours shoveling snow who had been woken by the ambulance siren.
    A wild twenty-minute drive to hospital emergency and I was asked several strange questions, such as what the pain like is now on a scale of one to ten, I think I said twelve.
    The doctor said “I would like to administer a ‘clot buster’ but if more than thirty minutes have elapsed since the start of the attack it can be very dangerous if not fatal, when did you first have the pain” By this time they could have cut my arm off and I would have been happy so it was decided that twenty five minutes was the answer and the injection was applied. It was like magic, the pain rapidly decreased and there were happy signs from the entire emergency team, plus me.
    It turned out that I had suffered a massive ‘anterior myocardial occlusion’ with damage to a quarter of my heart.
    They also told me that the clot buster was made from the saliva of the vampire bat!
    This was twenty-two years ago so as you can see things can get better as I'm sure they will for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John P.
    Like John T. I had a heart attack when I was 62, spent five days in intensive care, that was twenty four years ago now, you may not believe it now but you will find that with the passage of time you will not go around clutching yourself, but will resort to and enjoy normal life.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

having had my plumbing done apart from feeling I have been kicked by a horse and getting used to more bloody pills doing what I am told by the family is the hardest ? I just get on with life and have a laugh my complaints keeps the quacks busy I am back on my feet pottering around not been out yet not for a couple of weeks yet back at cardio ward next month but I always look forward never back thanks again members .jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey John, Christmas is just around the corner, a time for you to sit back and let the family do the work.
    Enjoy the time and just remember to keep breathing, as long as you do you will be fine.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3