Last month I went to my opticians for my annual check-up. First of all he said that I needed new glasses for reading, and for distance. Then he told me that my cataracts were getting worse
and that I would very shortly need to have them removed, and/or stop driving. Waiting time at my local hospital-12-18 months. I then asked the optician to refer me to The Dreadnought at
St. Thomas' in London. Cant do that he replied, thr referral has to come from your G.P. So, that was all arranged for me.
Now comes the naughty bit. It appears that I have a bad case of BLETHERITIS, i.e. red, itchy, eyelids, and dry eyes to go with it.
Where did that come from I asked him. It,s a relative of dandruff, and almost impossible to entirely get rid of, but with treatment it can be kept at bay.
Right says I, what do I do? First of al says optiman, go to the pharmacy and buy a bottle of BLEPHASOL which will cost you £10, (and you CANT get it on prescription)
and clean your eye lids with it for around 2 weeks, then clean as needed. Start as soon as possible with the treatment because if you get to the hospital for the operation
the surgeon will not entertain you and you will have to come back at another date. So I am now on my 3rd bottle of the cleaner and hope that my eyes are sufficiently clean enough
when my appointment comes
It also appears that this BLEPHARITIS also forms in your eye-brows and behind your ears, and once youve got it--youve possibly got it for life!

Colin
R684420