Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reflux

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Reflux

My youngest son aged 48, was suffering from reflux, eventually the Doctor sent him for the camera down the stomach to check things out. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, they have found a small tumour in the oesophagus. The oncologist informs him that this type of tumour has increased by 400% in the last few years. This now involves him having 4 weeks of chemo, followed by 5 weeks of radiation and chemo, followed by a horrendous operation, which involves deflating one lung and going through the rib cage, cutting the oesophagus , and rejoining it using part of the stomach. He will always thereafter only have a very small stomach, and have to at 4-5 times a day but very small. If anyone suffers from reflux on a regular basis, i would urge you to have the examination, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reflux

Hi Keith, hope everything goes well for you son. Hopefully he will make a full recovery, apart from the small stomach.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith sorry to hear about your son,I'm sure he will come through it OK.This is a long story but I will cut it short,I had a PET Scan which showed shadows on my lung as they call them.I was called in and had a biopsy on one lung which proved to be cancer so the assume the two on the other lung was cancer.I was called in again and told my alternatives,I want to refuse surgery at all costs.Anyway I have plumbed for Radiotherapy which i start next week I hope.At one time for Radiotherapy the patient went Mon-to Friday home for the weekend which went on for a number of weeks.The treatment I am going to have is called SABR and they reckon they will do it in five hits,maybe two one week two the week after and then the one.I will go in under a scan they will mark on my chest where they want the laser or whatever it is to aim for that will destroy the nudules.This beam must be very powerfull as they say it can crack a rib.I'm feeling very positive and actually looking forward to getting it out of the way.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Keith
    That does not sound very good and i do sincrely hope that he will get through all his Health problems with Flying Colours.
    Just has to be positive minded on these things ,i am sure all will be well.
    Take Care
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref3, Hi Jim, Wish you all the best on your problems, thats interesting to me with regard to the different method of radiation, Gareths is 5 weeks daily Monday to Friday, and he was in yesterday for the marking or pinpointing of which you speak. But as i keep telling my son, keep your chin up mate, stay positive, big mountain to climb, but one step at a time. Keep in touch Jim and let us know how you progress, all best wishes, kt
    R689823

6. Thanks Jim Brady thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ask about the SABR treatment Keith it's worth a try.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

8. Thanks Keith Tindell, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I certainly will do Jim, many thanks kt
    R689823

10. Likes Doc Vernon, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, hope all goes well, and the treatment is successfully.
    Vic

12. Thanks Jim Brady thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Ask about the SABR treatment Keith it's worth a try.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Jim, I wish you nothing but all the best with your treatment, You cant keep a good man down i also hope everything goes to plan with your son Kieth very best regards and health to you both Terry.
    {terry scouse}

14. Thanks Jim Brady, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks Terry.I think I told you and Lew when we met up in Liverpool that i had been for the biopsy the day before.Anyway I consider myself very lucky,about six years ago a letter dropped through my letter box from Cancer Research UK they wanted 4000 people to apply they would select 2000.I went to the hospital and completed a questionnaire I thought that I would be selected due to the fact that my father died of cancer and my older brothers had it so I was a likely candidate.Had a scan,clear,following year scan clear next year clear.The next year i was told that there was a small nodule on one lung,nothing to worry about.Following year told a nodule on the other lung,see you in another 12 months.This year after the scan in December seen young doctor ( some young doctors are very keen)he pointed out nodules or shadows has he called them had grown a bit more,and would i mind taking a PET scan which gives a clearer picture and so thats how it was discovered.As I dont have any symptons I would not know that i had cancer and it would've continue to grow maybe until it was to late to treat it.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast