Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reflux

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reflux

Keith, I know it sounds horrendous but with modern dat procedures it is never as bad as it sounds. A n umber of us have had the big C in some form or other and all have come through it.

Hang in there and all will be good. Just remember, never ever give up!

I had the camera down my stomach way back in 1999 as I was having terrible problems.

Found out all it was is a sliding hiatus hernia.

Medication for a number of years, then cut it out about two years ago and changed diet.
    No worries now, al good.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your messages and wishes, and as you all say, you have to keep the spirit up and take one step at a time, thank you all once again shipmates, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis #11, several years ago having suffered from severe heartburn which no amount of anti-acid tablets or liquid medicine stopped. I was sent for x rays etc. and was diagnosed with a Hiatus Hernia and acid reflux problems. As surgery is only considered as a last resort for the problem I was prescribed a medicine called omeprazole I take one capsule a day and was told to avoid certain foods and eating and drinking (Alcohol )habits. Occasionally I still get heartburn which is normally caused by ignoring the advice already given. Taking a second capsule normally resolves the problem. I still have a pint whenever I fancy one, but never more than three and certainly not on a daily basis as was my habit several years ago. Where as, everybody has different symptoms and diagnoses and therefor a different prognosis and prescriptions have you asked your doctor about medication that would allow you to indulge in the occasional pint?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all for the well wishes,after I have had this SABR treatment I will let you all know what it is like.I have'nt read up on google anything about it because as you know as with any treatment there are side affects which I would rather not know about until the time comes.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Lewis McColl Guest

Good luck Jim as you say you mentioned it when we had a pint last time over, Keith good to your lad ,a stressful for all concerned.
    Lew

7. Thanks Jim Brady, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim I had the scan the nurse told me I would be radio active for 24 hours I told her that's the only active I have been for a couple of years??? one of the main things is mate is do as you are told by the cancer people they know what they are doing. good luck mate ask the questions you need I know its on your mind every minute cancer cancer cancer its going around in your head every minute but it will settle it still do's in mine mate still I sometimes have to put a front on to people you will go through the mill as they say but its up to you weather you come out the other side some wrap themselves up in cotton wool and wait for death never think that way fight every day and believe me it is a fight you cant afford to loose ? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For John #23 . I take the same capsule as you and as you say it works very well. I haven't asked the doctor about drinking because when I was still drinking I would often wake up at night and have to rush to the toilet to be sick , sometimes not making it in time. This made me decide to give it up altogether. I think of myself as being extremely lucky as only having one minor health problem apart from the normal aches and pains we will all have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john walker View Post
    Louis #11, several years ago having suffered from severe heartburn which no amount of anti-acid tablets or liquid medicine stopped. I was sent for x rays etc. and was diagnosed with a Hiatus Hernia and acid reflux problems. As surgery is only considered as a last resort for the problem I was prescribed a medicine called omeprazole I take one capsule a day and was told to avoid certain foods and eating and drinking (Alcohol )habits. Occasionally I still get heartburn which is normally caused by ignoring the advice already given. Taking a second capsule normally resolves the problem. I still have a pint whenever I fancy one, but never more than three and certainly not on a daily basis as was my habit several years ago. Where as, everybody has different symptoms and diagnoses and therefor a different prognosis and prescriptions have you asked your doctor about medication that would allow you to indulge in the occasional pint?
    We have a medication here for Hiatus Hernia reflux by the name of NEXIUM, that was what I took for many years before changing the diet.
    Still have them for the occasional bad day.

Switched from a diet rather heavy in meat to one of fish and vegetables four to five times a week.
    All good now and drink has little or no effect on reflux for me.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes Louis the fly liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3