Thread: Definitely one of the can you believe it threads

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Definitely one of the can you believe it threads

Yesterday I went to pick up my new wheelchair which is NHS supplied from a private NHS supplier called Millbrook Healthcare . The chair is specified for me Andy's what is known as a fixed frame lightweight argon2 with special back and seat cushions the retail value of this chair is about £4,500 the NHS pay probably about 1/3 of that because of their bulk purchasing .

It was fitted to me by a couple of people from the manufacturer agent who in the UK is a company called sunrise medical as I was leaving with my new possession which is on permanent loan to me but is NHS property the sunrise medical rep said don't put it on eBay we are looking out for them on there apparently people who get their Hi-Tec chairs and I've waited 31 months for this some of them put them straight on eBay and sell them off .
    Obviously a good case of the minority get the majority a bad name . The suppliers are all looking out for this though how each chair has a serial number they are arranging suitable recourse when they find this has happened .

Being genuinely in need of one of these sort of chairs is difficult enough the waiting time is long enough but when you hear that people are doing this it just makes your stomach churn
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Definitely one of the can you believe it threads

rob we are is an era where anything goes to make a buck trackers can be and should be put on all this type of thing if the user dies the family might not know what to do with the chair and just cell it? i have and need the mobility car especially now its going to be a long job with barb and me i do all shopping and all outside things that she used to do?enjoy you chair bob summer is coming and just to get out for a while will do you the world of good??jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking of thing being sold on e.Bay I read a story the other day about a woman who had her very expensive cycle stole.She spotted it being sold on some site and arranged to view it.She asked could she have a test drive whilst handing the seller her handbag to hold onto during her test drive,she drove off on the bike the bag she gave him was an old one that she never used.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Talking of thing being sold on e.Bay I read a story the other day about a woman who had her very expensive cycle stole.She spotted it being sold on some site and arranged to view it.She asked could she have a test drive whilst handing the seller her handbag to hold onto during her test drive,she drove off on the bike the bag she gave him was an old one that she never used.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    jeez jim i bet she was peddling like fec

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a story on East Midlands Today a few months ago. A guy was selling prescription drugs on eBay. He would go to the doc with his ailment, get a prescription, get the drugs and Flog on eBay.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 14th February 2018 at 10:29 AM.

6. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy, N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Marian Gra Guest

#1, Great news Rob, delighted for you.