Thread: More serious than politics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default More serious than politics

Just seen something on the BBC news that is earth shattering, whatever next !!! kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...iness-46566703
    R689823

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: More serious than politics

Well I am glad I have sold on some of my collection before this news broke, best price I got for a bottle of Saint Magdalene was around about £700 I bought I think it was in 2005? for £75.stmrm.1979.jpg um!!! maybe I should have kept it as it is now on offer at £1500, https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/b/...-scotch-whisky
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 20th December 2018 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I expect a few collectors will be having doubts about their collection, but i expect any barman on the liners in my day would have known all about that, and probably still today , kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

####with ref to .....A FEW WILL BE PLEASED TO SEE ME GO THAT IM SURE OF .....i saw his lips move doc ........he was benind you but i saw his lips move ...lol cappy

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc. I would not like to see you leave. I also would not like to see politics banned. You have posted some truly enjoyable and interesting posts in the past, but neither you or I can post about gripping, or funny, or interesting tales of, in my case, five years of my eighty-one years of life.

I speak for myself and not you now. I try not to make my views known on other countries politics, form of government, or position in say ww11. I defend my country when anyone speaks ill against or errs in facts, but I agree when my country is wrong. But I hate xenophobic crap, be it against Yanks or others.

I agree that personal insults should not be tolerated, though I was guilty once of it and did publicly apologize for my transgression.

There are sadly, only a few new scribes on this site. It's basically the same people posting day in and day out, and to repeatedly hear the same old tales, which have nothing to do with maritime events, is boring. For me current events saves the day, and a now and again new story of the MN is the icing on the cake. However, I enjoy my MN sites, this one and the other one.

I guess my Christmas wish about you is to stay, Stop personal insults, Yank bashing (but political bashing is okay) and others, and ease up with the padlock.

Merry Christmas all, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The personal insults if one is not thick skinned can be off putting. But if the normal rule for signals was observed there would be no need of. You either semaphored ot Morsed on the lamp at the speed you wanted to converse at. If you were a smart Alec and tried to impress the other bloke how fast you could send, you had every likelihood of him replying at a faster speed than you could read. JWS As for old hands contributing old stories maybe it is time for some of us to take a break. I only go on this one site and has given me more than I could ever put in, just by talking to people who speak the same language. I hope others who do not get the same effects at least let’s them get the dirty water off their chests. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st December 2018 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm confused, I thought this post from Keith was about Scotch Whisky, now it's about politics, can someone enlighten me as to whether Bonnie Prince Charlie has landed in Scotland with a new French army?????
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course if you want the real thing, artificial Scotch, or any other spirit for that matter then go to Vanatu.

There is a grog shop in the main street where all duty free goods are sold.
    They have the biggest collection of vintage and other styles of grog.

But as many have discovered when back on board cold tea in the correct solution looks just like Scotch in a bottle.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller