Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Global Warming

#110... All feasible as much as those other doom daters advocating their own ideas on the subject. Trying to figure out how airline piilots think along the same lines as a split community on the possible causes if any . The immediate one that springs to mind is that air traffic on intercontinental flights whenever possible takes great circle flight paths and maybe they have noticed differences in the distances. If a change in tilt could be due to mans increasing damage to the earths crust which in the past century has entered the realms of the underworld. However I beleive this would show up by those who calculate the suns declination for navigational purpose, there must be some who still use navigation the Old way, maybe not and we now all rely on satellites in place of heavenly bodies. There won’t be an honest answer in our lifetime. The whole subject of climate change today has gone into the realms of those who started. It being in a position they can’t afford to be wrong as will lose all credibility they thought they had , that in itself , Credibility , should be the first question asked by others. JS

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #110... All feasible as much as those other doom daters advocating their own ideas on the subject. The whole subject of climate change today has gone into the realms of those who started. It being in a position they can’t afford to be wrong as will lose all credibility they thought they had , that in itself , Credibility , should be the first question asked by others. JS
    hi j sabourn
    I believe your assumptions hold some water, especially reguarding the declination and distance due to the earths magnetism , I read last week of a airport in florida having to alter the course of two of its runways.
    tom
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 20th February 2019 at 07:13 PM.

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting article on electrical powered barges in the Netherlands -: https://electrek.co/2018/01/12/large...ectric-barges/

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How much of the so called climate change is due to the North Pole moving from Canada to Siberia?
    Scientist have been tracking the movement and have noticed the sudden accelaration in the North Pole shifting.
    Vic

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    How much of the so called climate change is due to the North Pole moving from Canada to Siberia?
    Scientist have been tracking the movement and have noticed the sudden accelaration in the North Pole shifting.
    Vic
    Also been noted by scientists that the Sun is playing a part in Global warming Vic https://phys.org/news/2017-03-sun-im...uantified.html

10. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Globle Warming

Hello Terry
    I was just listening t the News from Soiuth Africa,and they are saying that there is definately a Global Warming in progress all over,but funnily more so there,especially in the Western Cape Area, Dont know how this works but anyway they are predicting some very nasty changes forthcoming in the Future ,
    This is all rather disturbing News for all that live there and the one City most in question is Cape Town, where predictions of severe Weather is imminent ,with large Floods and Storms .
    This also puts a strain on the Food crisis which also is getting to a new low,with the Food not sufficient now to feed some 70 odd Million people of South Africa.

It is said that if South African does not at once start a new process of making Food etc,this will be a devastating blow in the future with Millions starving,and possible Civil War breaking out .

Heat waves and long periods of Druoght as well are on the cards,which Cape Town saw not that long ago, and this is only going to get worse.

They are at present also having massive Power problems in Cape Town with ESCOM the main Power supplier there,having to make Blackouts to thousands of Homes daily,as the grid cannot keep pace with the demand, people there are already starting to have massive protests on this issue,so all this unrest what could it all spark!
    I dread to think what could happen there in time to come.
    This to me especially is very sad and hard news to take,and it really Breaks my Heart to hear and see these things happening,i still love my dear Cape Town so much.
    All I can say is please Lord watch over the Country and its People.

My Heart is heavy!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

12. Thanks Ken Norton thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a cruise, one of the Speakers was Sir Rex Hunt.
    His talk was on Africa and how the UK was in charge ran the countries, they new that the weather was cyclical and there were good years followed by bad harvests.
    The British, when it was good year kept so much of the Harvest back in order to supply in the bad years.
    The African would just gorge themselves when it was a good year.

Interesting the UK is having a run of mild weather with unseasonal temperature of 16-17degrees C.
    Interesting the BBC has not blamed climate change, but reported that highest temperature in recorded in England this time of the year was 19.7 Degrees C.
    Scotland's highest temperature stood at 17.7 degrees C, which was recorded in 1897.

Regarding the Sun I read an article many years ago about the effect the sun had on our climate, but as usual it was rubbished.
    Vic

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to deter from your posting at all Vic
    But I am sure you know that there is a big difference from Africa, and South Africa. The People of South Africa also try very hard to conserve as much as they can during the worst times.
    On the Sun playing a part in Global warming,i am honest and say I do not really know,but it certainly is causing Havoc not only here in Aussie when there is no Rain and we get these terrible Heatwaves,all the Lands are so barren and dry,there is little if no Feed for the Farmers Cattle,no water either and its a real battle to say the least.
    In Cape Town recently when they had that Water shortage,again no Rain and the Sun was hotter than normal for that part of the World.
    There are many that I know that are still living there that tell me of the change in the Weather over the past Years,in Cape Town it has got hotter than normal with people not able to cope with such changes.
    I recall when I lived there (Cape Town that is) the Weather was always nice and mild with warm Summers nice and dry (Not Humid and Sticky like these days I am told) and the Winters were most all the Years cool and mild, of late they have had Snow on Table Mountain and Surrounds ,I cannot in all my Lifetime recall seeing Snow in Cape Town.

Anyway just thought I would add this post!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 20th February 2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc, In 1896 shipping companies were complaining about the lack of cargo on their ships return from Australia, the reason was down to the lack of rain and the droughts caused.
    Yes Doc, aware there is a difference between the RSA and other.
    Look at Zimbabwe, the bread basket of Africa reduced to poverty and starvation by ideology.
    Vic

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love a sunburned country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of rugged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.

Written by an Australian lady poet long before we ever heard the term, 'Global Warming'.

There is more politics in the fear of Global Warming than any truth.

Yesterday the man who first announced a possible problem for the planet died.
    Did not catch the name but as far back as 1979 he said the biggest threat to the planet as the amount of Co2 being produced.

Easy to say as with population increases along with farm animals there will be a natural increase, all creatures produce it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

19. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast