Thread: Parcel Scam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Parcel Scam.

I suppose with the amount of on line shopping and this time of the year it will not be unusual to expect a parcel delivery.There is a scam currently running where you receive a card through your door saying an attempt had been made to deliver a parcel but you were out so please phone this number.If you phone that number it will cost you a fortune I believe something like £345.00 right away.I think most on here would not fall for the scam but maybe you would like to warn others who could be vunerable.

Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Last edited by Jim Brady; 23rd November 2018 at 02:32 PM.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Parcel Scam.

Despite all the warnings of never give your bank details to ANYBODY people still do.We have just learned of a woman we know who gave out her bank details this morning to somebody on the phone,the caller rang back later and asked her for her husbands bank details it was the that the penny dropped that she had been scammed.Her bank a/c was emptied not a great deal of money but it just shows you that they are capable of doing it.
    I had a call this morning from an Asian gentleman wanting to send me a cheque from somebody who had overcharged me in the past.Played around with him for a bit then gave him a good blast,these people just keep trying all day I suppose the law of averages tell them somebody will fall for it.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they really target the elderly Jim, hoping the marbles are not all there, pretty despicable. My mother in law, a lovely hard working women, long dead now, almost got conned from paying cash for her rates, she didn't even pay rates, she was on benefit. The internet is still one of the worst places, i don't open anything unless i know who if its from, even that can catch you out, kt
    R689823

4. Likes Jim Brady, Doc Vernon, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim a few years ago I had an e.mail from Barclays bank saying large amounts of money is being taken from my account??? right away I smell a rat banks don't send e.mails? I got the number of the bootle branch rang them and gave the name of the fraud department employee she put me right through. on talking to the lady she said it was not a crank e.mail but they thought I should know about it? I thanked her and told her only one thing I do not have an account with Barclays bank?? well she said we have you down with your address in Liverpool and its your account and what you have told me there is a scam coming off right then I said is there any money in that account I said I do not want to know how much and can I close the account yes she said can I do it over the phone as you are talking to me I am enquiring over the e.mail yes she said right I want you to close the account withdraw the money if any and give it to the staff in that branch? I have never heard that one before she said I told her that will serve the bastard right for trying to have one over on me she laughed true story that.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same thing happening out here, only some of the callers are dumb. One woman got a call to say that the Tax Dept was taking her to court if she didn't pay a certain amount of money the caller said she owes. She OK but could you give me your phone number, he said i can't do that why not she asked, now believe this or not, he said because you will tell the police and they will arrest me, but; she said your at the tax office aren't you? he put the phone down.
    Des

7. Likes Jim Brady, Graham Payne liked this post