Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Age

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Age

The day they put use by dates on birth certificates will end all this drama.
    But until such time all we can do is get up in the morning and if still breathing carry on as normal.

How long we will live, how long will our money last, who knows?

But considering what we have all been through over the years, something the younger generations will never do or understand, we have done well.
    So enjoy what time we have left, worry about tomorrow when it comes, enjoy to day to the best of your ability and do not worry too much about putting the cork back in the bottle, enjoy it now.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###well fouro i guess you could just whip up yer kilt and give her a shock ......lol cappy
    cappy,

I don't think she would get much of a shock looking at Wee Tam always lying asleep between his two kit bags.

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro I was also enjoying a wee Dram Entering the ''Glen of Tranquillity'' the water of life I believe. Rgds Den

4. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #15.

JTM mentions his children and grandchildren were astonished to learn of the lowly beginnings and conditions of his early life.

People often hire professional genealogists to investigate their family histories. During such searches cans of worms are often found and when these are opened, they reveal unknown disturbing family secrets. Such secrets are better to remain unknown, so the unfortunate families destroy this evidence knowing well it would be disastrous should these unwanted findings ever be leaked out.
    However, looking on the bright side, who knows, some of you might even be connected to royalty.

Regards from,
    Fouro.

6. Thanks Bill Morrison thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

how many lords and gentry going way back impregnated kitchen maids workers from all walks of life that should have been lords of the manner I have gone way back in my family tree {ever since I was a frog} jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fouro View Post
    Re #15.

JTM mentions his children and grandchildren were astonished to learn of the lowly beginnings and conditions of his early life.

People often hire professional genealogists to investigate their family histories. During such searches cans of worms are often found and when these are opened, they reveal unknown disturbing family secrets. Such secrets are better to remain unknown, so the unfortunate families destroy this evidence knowing well it would be disastrous should these unwanted findings ever be leaked out.
    However, looking on the bright side, who knows, some of you might even be connected to royalty.

Regards from,
    Fouro.
    Hi Fouro.
    Perish the thought.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Des saying that may I say one thing also, as believe you have a more open mind as regards Unions. When I arrived out here to live permanently I had to become a member of the Guild. We were on mainly 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off on a rotation method of manning offshore vessels. On your 6 weeks off you were expected to go to meetings in the case of Fremantle at the P and O Pub in that fair city. One time I attended and the boss man was coming across from Sydney to see how things were and to get a vote on a change to the agreement. At that time we got 1.153 days leave for every day served, he wanted to make it a straight 1 for 1 and took a vote by a show of hands on it. He lost as the members voted to retain. He turned round and said that it was his union and it was going to be 1 for 1. This was the bad side of unionism and never forgot that upstart. It was not his union it belonged to the members. If it wasn’t the fact it was a closed shop and work only came if you were a member , I would of walked out there and then. So I can see benefits and non benefits in most political systems and think unionism has no place in politics. It is purely there to protect workers rights. I can see the same morals as the present leader of the opposition shows and will never vote for him. Maybe a bit off subject. Cheers JS
    John.
    I remember back when, they said that Australia had too many unions 150 or so and only around 17 million people, whereas Germany had only 9 unions and maybe 90 million, well now there are only a few plus the giant union of builders, miners, Seamen, wharfies etc and they don't like it, but we do have 7 State Governments along with the Senates, plus a federal Govt and Senate and we only have 25million people! We might have been over unionized but had regular pay increases, now we are under unionized and over governed with no pay increases unless your a CEO.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 19th November 2018 at 02:29 AM.

10. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said Des had no problems with the conditions in the offshore industry. Those conditions were got by having a union to negotiate them. As you say though in the case of the maritime union , you had the catering union, the seaman’s union, the engineers union, and the guild. A different union for each dept. who tended to squabble amongst themselves. The stewards union however if remember, didn’t exist offshore as carried no stewards , unless maybe working on construction or going on a delivery job. Or had a crew of over 13. Big business it’s worse nightmare is organised labour. It gets the blame for everything going. Whether true or false. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th November 2018 at 03:59 AM.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    John.
    I remember back when, they said that Australia had too many unions 150 or so and only around 17 million people, whereas Germany had only 9 unions and maybe 90 million, well now there are only a few plus the giant union of builders, miners, Seamen, wharfies etc and they don't like it, but we do have 7 State Governments along with the Senates, plus a federal Govt and Senate and we only have 25million people! We might have been over unionized but had regular pay increases, now we are under unionized and over governed with no pay increases unless your a CEO.
    Des
    Des mate, my advice is learn to live with it for it sure 'aint gona to get any better.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 19th November 2018 at 09:45 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3