Thread: bonfire night

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default bonfire night

I have been watching the news on the sick bas***** with the model of Grenfell Towers burning on the bonfire, i just despair. I see 5-6 have been arrested, what amazes me is that some of them are of supposedly more mature years. The even sicker sights were to see the audience cheering, and calling out *jump jump* etc. I really do wander where we are going in this country, kt
    R689823

2. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bonfire night

I am afraid nothing surprises me now Keith, I ,like you, am mystified where this type of person has come from. I have found through some experience in my last employment, that most acts like this are born of ignorance in the main and sheep like qualities with a desire to be the centre of attention. The current situation with regard to immigration does not help and unfortunately this is used to foster such acts as last night. The only way to stop it, is to make an example of the people involved and come down heavily on them, this is a great chance for the CPS and the judiciary to do their duty. Perhaps if they do, the people will see that this kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable. It was quite heartening to see the level of disgust shown by the public which shows that not everybody shares these people's mindset. I have to say that I admired the behaviour of the Grenfell Towers survivors, perhaps those responsible for this appalling behaviour might learn a thing or two from them.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 6th November 2018 at 11:07 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

4. Thanks Keith Tindell, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the sad things I see is this bunch of Lunatics are let loose among social media and the problem with social media is no matter what you publish and no matter how idiotic it is you will always get a reaction good ones and bad ones and all you ever do is fuel the idiots to go on and do more shocking and more idiotic things . I think it was a local news report yesterday that were saying that these idiots were calling up police fire and ambulance and aiming Roman candles at them and their vehicles I would have thought that the public services have enough to do without taking that sort of nonsense personally I think they should bring a lot more stop and search in and sort some of the jobs out I know it wasn't popular and I know the Afro-Caribbean community felt they were being picked on but if I'm out at night I don't care if any policeman wants to stop me as me who I am where I'm going and I am I carrying anything of danger then and honest man would not mind being stopped and asked I still maintain that we should have introduced identity cards years ago and make people carry them like they do in some of the continental countries
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

6. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw that sick joke on our TV news here.

Biggest problem is that by showing it some idiots will want to replicate it, and it could turn into something really nasty.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The firemen should be allowed to turn their hoses on these idiots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by osheadenis View Post
    The firemen should be allowed to turn their hoses on these idiots.
    Then the poor buggers will be charged with assault by those who see such actions as wrong.
    But you are correct, they shouds have done it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post