Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NHS Questionnaire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default NHS Questionnaire.

I've just been asked to take part in a survey by Quality Health Ltd on behalf of NHS England, they want feedback on my recent experience of the treatment I received.The point of me posting this is to inform you that you can contact a helpline for the interpreter service in TWENTY FOUR different languages.

Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NHS Questionnaire.

Nothing in Geordie then
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The last year that i saw the cost of translators for the NHS it was 27million£, which amazes me, i have an old work colleague who lives in France, if he goes to hospital he has to take a friend who speaks the lingo, or pay for the translator himself. Seems more sensible to me, especially for a cash strapped NHS, kt

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from that Jim, hope you had a good service, the one my son received in Gloucester was absolutely first class, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Keith answered everything in the positive,nothing but praise for the way in which I have been treated which is still ongoing.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am glad about that Jim. My experience of the NHS left me disgusted I am sorry to say, well part of the NHS. Last Christmas I contracted a chest infection, bad coughing, chills and then sweating, awful and quite worrying. Every time I lay down I started coughing. Having had no sleep for six days and feeling dreadful and it being a Sunday and no GP open, I went to the local NHS Walk In Centre. I got there for 7.45am as it opened at 8am. I was sixth in the queue. Once registered I waited about 10 minutes for the Triage Nurse and was seen pretty much in the order of the queue. The nurse examined me, and asked a few questions, I told her about the chills and sweats and the bad coughing when I lay down and the fact I hadn't slept for six days. She then said , " You may have to wait for some time as we are very busy ". I thought this was strange as there was only about ten people at that time, all younger than me I might add, and none looked or indicated that they were in a more serious condition than me. Anyway she directed me back to the waiting area. By this time more people were coming in, but nobody looked as if they were in a serious condition. Time went on and the people that had been ahead of me in the queue were all seen and had gone. Still I waited, finally at 10 am I got fed up, I was feeling awful and went to the desk where I was told, I would be seen it just takes time. People were coming in, going to triage sitting down and then being seen within about twenty minutes, but not I. I again went to the desk at about 11am and complained again, only to be told, " its the nurses who decide who is seen and when ". Finally at about 11.15 am my name was called by a different nurse and I was examined, after a minute or two of listening to my chest and taking my pulse, she left the room. She came back and said, " We cannot deal with you here, you need to see a Doctor at the Hospital. We have arranged for you to be seen there at 12 o clock ". I was given a letter and told to make my way to Arrowe Park Hospital for 12 noon. Fortunately I had my car and managed to get there for 11.55. I went in and was called almost immediately. The Dr examined me. She told me I had a fairly serious chest infection and prescribed Antibiotics. When I said I had a letter from the Walk in Centre , she said, " I dont need it or want it, they are only Nurses " That said a lot to me. She told me to go home and rest and should there be no improvement within 48 hrs to come back to A & E. Fortunately there was an improvement, slow but an improvement and I did not have to go back. I took my full course of the pills and made a good recovery over a fortnight or so. I hope I don't need medical help, but if I do I will not be going there again, to my GP or A & E but not there. I notice that the NHS are trying to close the Walk In Centres here, I wonder why.

I have this thought in my mind, put there by a disillusioned paramedic who left the NHS and who told me that my age group - 70 to 80 was judged expendable by some staff, including nurses, as we cost the NHS too much, for no return for public benefit. Do I believe this, well after my experience, yes I do. I know not all staff will feel that way, but obviously some do and that seriously worries me.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 5th November 2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

7. Thanks Captain Kong, Trader thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to here of your bad experience, Chris,
    I have had several bad experiences at Bolton Royal. nearly killed me.so I started to go to Salford Royal Hospital. in the top four hospitals in the country. Marvellous results every time.
    I went to Dermatology with a rash on my ankle, the Doctor told me to take off all my clothes, Naked. for an ankle ????
    He saw a freckle on my shoulder, How long have you had that , he says, several years , I said. Come in tomorrow into theatre, he says.

I went to theatre next day, they cut out a Malignant Tumour, then said there is a BIG One in there, got to Wythenshaw hospital on Tuesday, I went. another op. they cut out another Malignant tumour Four Inches Long, the lady Surgeon said, as she held it up to me, That would have Killed you.
    So from first going in, with a rash , in four days I had two Malignant Tumurs removed of which I knew nothing about. Thanks to the sharp eyes of a Doctor. They saved my life.
    There is good ones and bad ones. always find out which are the good ones, you can choose any hospital you want
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th November 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chris that questionnaire was todo with cancer treatment which I cant' praise enough but I have also just had a bad NHS experience.Aintree hospital could not fault nursing staff,food and every other dept that is there but had trouble with one section of doctors.Through the delay in the cardiology doctors seeing me I picked up a infection and I was not slow in telling the head cardiologist it was his fault,I was not given the best of treatment after that so was I glad to get out of there.

Regards.Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

10. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Likes Chris Allman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    Nothing in Geordie then
    A while back there was a DHSS leaflet on how to claim in umpteen different languages, no equivalent document in English (or Geordie)

Lewis McColl Guest

Yes here in France and also when I lived in Spain, if you do not speak the language you have to pay for your own interpreter. So why not in the UK?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No need just go and ask the appropriate neighbour to translate for you. He probably has it memorised in any case. JS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast