Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NHS Questionnaire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NHS Questionnaire.

My mate Fred went to North Wales and got a little ill, he saw the local Doctor there,
    When he got home he saw his own Doctor, who is from the Indian Sub Continent.
    He told him that the Welsh Doctor wrote him a letter about Fred in the Welsh language.
    So he wrote back in Gujarat , So the Welsh Doctor had to write back to him in English.

2. Likes cappy, Bill Cameron, John Arton liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Taken with a large pinch of salt,

K.

4. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Jim Brady liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Not only the French getting a bashing now, looks as if the Welsh are in for a hard time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now i don't know if this is classed as off thread, as it seems to have turned to the Welsh, but k@t may be interested on the BBC tonight at 2000 hrs is the story of Wales (the Country), 1st of 6 programs, kt
    R689823

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Right lads we are going off thread - this thread is about the NHS please confine your post to just that - thanks.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

9. Likes Bill Cameron, Doc Vernon, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

####it was suggested jim ...it sounds like one flew over the cuckoos nest lol cappy

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

35, apologies for that should have put it on a separate thread, kt
    R689823

13. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy it was unbelievable what went on,one day he jumped up and ran across grabbed my curtain and nearly pulled the curtain rail off the ceiling,I jumped up and ran at him telling him next time he comes near my bed again I'd give him a good smacking.He was trying to draw my curtains saying I don't want to see you and you don't want to see me.I said well draw your own effin curtain.I said to the nurse its like being at Buckingham Palace here of a night listening to the changing of the guard with his clog hopper boots marching up and down.When the lights went out he was having a go at me from behind his curtain shouting would you like me to leave my boots off tonight.He had bluffed his way into the hospital and had no intention of leaving and the hospital could do nothing about it,he brought his own salt and pepper pots in so he was there for the long stay,patients receive paper sachets of salt and pepper with their meals.He really gave the nurses a hard time and being the professionals that they are they still treated him like the rest of us,he would shout at them such as "Don't you understand English you stupid bitch" they would come into the ward here you are Tom here is the milk you asked for as though he had done no harm.I don't know how many times during the night he would go into the bathroom and do that screaming,when he wasn't marching up and down the ward he was marching up and down the alleyway outside the ward there was no chance of getting to sleep. They should bring a law out to be able to evict people like him from hospital,there was nothing wrong with him he wasn't receiving any treatment any tablets the nurses tried to give him he refused them.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last year I had 3 months in hospital this year 3 weeks all on spinal wards in the national spinal injuries Centre the staff were great to patients work brilliantly with them prior to that I spent 8 weeks in a private facility and again brilliant staff the patient all working in the same direction before that in 2014 I had 12 weeks in the NHS and I have never heard so much racial abuse in my life from what I would regard as the skinhead genre and no matter how much the staff was abused they took it in their stride and carried on helping them I thought what an absolute wonderful bunch of people. 1 Zimbabwean nurse was being abused One Day by a 1 legged alcoholic whose daughter used to bring him Vodka and Coke in in a 1 L bottle and I think there was more Vodka in it than Coke . He would ask for a urine bottle fillet then wait for this Zimbabwean nurse to walk past and throw the whole bottle at her she did he get a stride went and changed her uniform and treated him like everybody else on the ward I asked her how the hell she could put up with it and she said quite simply she's put up with a lot more than this in her native country and unfortunately there was very restricted amounts of beds for the mentally ill so they were dealing with people who had huge mental problems because there was nowhere else for them to go I know in this area over the last 20 years 3 large mental health hospitals have closed and now it's out there care in the community or some much more units so I think that all the NHS staff who put up with that and particularly at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth where they have people from security sitting by bed sides of drug addicts Coming Down violent lunatics and everything else they deserve one huge huge medal
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Irish Republic, only two hospitals that do any reasonable Cancer treatment, Waterford and Dublin.

Have friends and out laws there who have to have treatment, a day taken for it even though they may only have a one hour drive to get there.

Some in remote country parts often have to find accommodation for a night as they are so far from hospitals.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4