Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Frexit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Frexit

I had a long conversation yesterday with a relative who has lived in France for about 15 years and I said please don't mention brexit I'm sick to death of hearing about it , he lives in central France and was telling me that on the back of a lot of the local owned cars are FRXIT stickers and that locally to him there is a substantial amount of the population that want to get France out of the European Union they feel the particularly with the British exit they will be reduced number of people paying in so you'll end up with the situation with three or 4 countries paying in and 23, - 24
    drawing out and they're not very happy about it so we will be missed . Strangely enough I don't think I've seen it reported in the UK press that if we go the French want to go because they don't want to subsidise 21 of the countries
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Frexit

WThe great Brussels Broadcasting Corporation never ever broadcast any news that would be detrimental to the EU.
    The speech in the German Parliament by the opposition leader, did not rate a mention.
    I am not surprised that any anti EU news is not broadcast.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It may well come to something in 2021 when the German Chancellor retires.
    Germany will be in a different situation then even if the same party is in power.
    The views and ideas of the leader can make a big difference.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Graham Payne, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

as Vic pointed out in #2 , we never get the full story
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Lewis McColl Guest

Macron has openly stated that if he called a referendum on Frexit, France would vote leave. He has also said that he will never call a referendum.
    So tell me is the BBC no longer the voice of the labour movement as oft times on here it has heavily criticised for being so?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frexit is not reported here at all , the BBC tends to show a left bias, but Brexit has never been right or left , I would suggest that Corbyn / McDonald are not always flavour of the media month , but my posting was about Frexit not being reported at all , not political leaning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am of the opinion Lewis that all national broadcasters are left wing leaning.
    Your BBC, our ABC. There was a time when you could not work at the ABC unless you were a committed Labor supporter.

They are blatant in their opposition to any form of Right wing party.

It would appear the average French man is not keen on the current status quo but until there is a PM with balls things will remain.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 1st November 2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes robpage, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Because we had a referendum and a majority wanted to leave the European Union then I do not understand where that is either left or right wing in the politics because the majority was across all age groups and all political thinking .

I am sure that if people knew here how aunty Europe some of the actual French population is that the brexit discussion would be from an entirely different point of view it was really news to me I knew that when I had heard about the French wanted to leave it has always been in the association with the extreme right-wing groups

11. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I had a long conversation yesterday with a relative who has lived in France for about 15 years and I said please don't mention brexit I'm sick to death of hearing about it , he lives in central France and was telling me that on the back of a lot of the local owned cars are FRXIT stickers and that locally to him there is a substantial amount of the population that want to get France out of the European Union they feel the particularly with the British exit they will be reduced number of people paying in so you'll end up with the situation with three or 4 countries paying in and 23, - 24
    drawing out and they're not very happy about it so we will be missed . Strangely enough I don't think I've seen it reported in the UK press that if we go the French want to go because they don't want to subsidise 21 of the countries
    ###brexit will happen no doubt about that ......theresa has stood her ground against all comers .....it was mooted she would be gone by last xmas ....she has more balls than a lot of so called mps who do not represent there people..the french of course will end up paying to make up the missing billions .....the best macron can do is call a referendum quick before they are hit with the jackboot again .....at least and at last the whole rotten system will collapse.....just my view cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

I live in a small village in SW France mostly farming community there opinion when I go for my coffee & cognac is they want out as well, why!!!!! open borders policy and the cultural changes taking place in France. Mainly the hoards of Africans landing from N Africa and filtering into the towns and cities. Brits are welcomed here as we contribute to the French economy, as do the Dutch and other expats from around the EU.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast