Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: New research on sea ice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New research on sea ice

Forgetting global warming and pollution for one minute I think it's worth while cutting down energy use and recycling materials to reduce pollution anyway . The problem that I have with the whole green lobby is they manipulate figures and the majority of the projects that they have forced upon us attract huge subsidies and it is subsidies that I question , if green energy was that good why do you need to hit it with a whacking great subsidy . It just makes me very suspicious of their motives .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    A ground source heat pump can provide all of a household heating and hot water needs and coupled with solar panels that can provide not only all your electrical needs including the electrical supply required to operate the heat pump, can make homes almost carbon neutral. Even in the U.K. you only have to go down to a couple of metres to lay the pipe work that can extract the heat stored in the earth.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    They are very expensive to install and not worth it unless you live off grid somewhere remote

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our 'Greens' here are most likely like yours in UK.
    They punch out numbers, facts and figures but no real evidence to support them.
    They become exited at the prospect of electric cars but when questioned as to where the power outlets for such will be say they are not sure.
    Over time many things change, some for the better, many because there is money in it.
    The people installing wind turbines ae in clover with the subsidies, the farmers on the land very happy with the rent from them, but Joe Public who uses the power pays the final cost, and it is close to extortion.

But one 'Green' Senator said we no longer make any goods here in Oz, it all comes from overseas.
    I bought a TV with a built in Antenna logo on it, I do not even know where Antenna is"
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really wonder at some of those who stand and shout about climate change if they ever read reports made by other eminent and so-called professional students of the worlds history and if they give any credence, to. For example...
    About 3000 generations ago the human population of earth dwindled to the point where everyone could have fitted inside a small football stadium. DNA evidence indicates that the human population was reduced to perhaps fewer than 10,000. One study even suggests that the number of females dropped to 500. For centuries each new generation of Homo sapiens could have been the last. The evidence lies within each of us with the DNA we all carry.
    The reason.for the collapse of our species might be right under our feet. Deposits of ash and debris have provided. Evidence for severe national disasters in the history of life on earth.
    For those really worried about the end of the earth they should read about all the other climate changes the earth has gone through and will still be going through in the next million years or so, if man is still here that is. Another more suitable and intelligent lifeform may appear on the scene after going through the various evolutions as all life forms do. I think the old English sheep dogs may fit the bill. They are very friendly as well. The human race also originated in Africa so really those who backed the slave trade were really enslaving their own family members. The biggest danger at the moment to man kind as I see it As have said before is over population.,.In other words. Some of us are too willing to share sexual favours and should proceed with caution. The politicians could help with this by cutting back on child allowances. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th October 2018 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

10,000 years ago Boltonistan was under 200 feet of Ice. What happened??? my little car did not cause the melt down but they now Tax me because of it.

In Antarctica there are several active Volcanoes. they can have a great effect on the local climate, but not too evident.
    Under the Ice there is oil and gas, from a previous age when Antarctica was covered in Tropical Rain Forests, where was the South Pole then ??
    in Africa.

7. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The poles are only geometric points and don’t have need to be covered in ice. The earth was all water on its birth. The earth as far as humans or any life form goes depends on food. Africa was the only land mass at one time due to climatic conditions able to produce that food. There is always some truth in ancient writings , and the Bible if interpreted correctly could prove to be correct on a lot of cases , allowing for the exaggeration of most scribes of those times. The Ark for instance has every chance of being correct as regards the flooding of that era in that time. Other incidents seem out of the scheme of things to most, even where Joshua where it is said the sun stood still in time, could have been reference to Halley’s Comet. It could also have been the star of Bethlehem. Personally if you want to believe something then you do, I prefer to leave everything in the lap of the Gods. We are all only here for a very short time so make the most of it. What will be will be. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is estimated that about 50 million years ago Ireland was in the tropics, poles have moved according to some who know about these things.

But the current challenge put out by various bodies all began around 2000. Prior to that all was quiet with in the 70's a threat of a new ice age.
    I am of the opinion all of this is political, not scientific though there is some science in it.

The earth began as a ball of gas in space, where did the gas come from, where did the space come from? All entities have a beginning and an end, so we know the beginning was the gas, where to from there?

It has been estimated that the gas became earth as a result of massive changes in climate, a natural occurance.
    Which ever way we look at it the planet will do what planets do and I doubt we will have much effect on it.
    But Co2 is produced by mammals, methane is the result of decomposition of any living entity.
    The two so called 'Green house' gasses.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

By whom ?

Can you add some evidence / links etc, please.

K.

12. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

try google for the Eocene Epoch , and all will be revelled , no ice on Earth then , as HDJIO says 55-35 Milliion years ago
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9