Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New research on sea ice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New research on sea ice

Brian, I also read onside of the ice is getting thicker.
    The biggest problem, is the half truths perpetuated by both sides. Sides which unless they confirm their research grants are cut or reduced.
    Vic

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

The truth is as Rodney stated: I'll repeat what I've said before: If I'm wrong what have our great-grandchildren lost? But what if you are wrong, then what then have our grandchildren lost?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That’s all very well and sounds very noble Keith if it stood any chance of changing what some people say is going to happen. Climate change will have been a very well thought out plan of attack to assault peoples senses world wide and is not going to fall at the first few hurdles. People will have trillions invested in the offshoots which would come from the theory of it being accepted. Your great grandchildren by the time they arrive will be that indoctrined in the believe of such they will not know the difference between truth and fiction. Climate change has been happening for millions of years, ever since the earth was born, and no puny late comers like man is going to alter such. So our grandchildren are going to have to take their chances the same as humankind has always done. Just start thinking do you want the blindfold or not when you face the firing squad of Gods anger at trying to interfere with his business. If you are a bhuddist you should have no qualms as will reappear as one of the surviving animals if there are any. Cheers JWS

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sadly, long term of no help.
    No wonder the younger generation
    are standing up and doing more.

The poppy bloom, hippy and free love
    may be lost to the newbie generation.

No one listens to grannie anymore.

Yes, generations saved much but, the old
    belief in elders does not wash anymore.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see one of the biggest problems is half truths told by both sides , so many that the actual facts are obscured in a fog of propaganda , I believe in changing our ways but when you look at the valuation of green companies like Tesla you start to wonder if money is confusing-the facts
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree Rob, am in agreement with a cleaner atmosphere for health reasons alone. This has been there long before climate change was used as an excuse for such. No excuses are needed for smog removal. Even in the 50s there were fines in certain areas of the world for pollution. This could have been more rigoursly pursued. The old practice of the bloke with boards round his neck with the words, THE END IS NIGH, does nothing for me as it does others.
    Cheers JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although I retired ten years ago as a company we did a lot of green things , with insulation , greener refrigerants , inverters on motors etc , all done with huge subsidies , that is why I am a sceptic , but sulphur from UK power stations used to drop on Denmark as acid rain , so there is a good case for pollution control
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I get a lot of my. Entertainment from reading other people’s views on our history. One of the books is The Readers Digest.... The Truth about History.... The origins of man is there to read and is believable only if you want to believe. I would imagine the Internet where so many people get their info.from also uses such sources to reprint. 1.5 to 2 million years ago the essentiallly modern skeleton had developed.
    300 - 400,000 years ago the Homo species were more highly muscled than humans today,
    20- 50,000 years ago modern Homo sapiens were more in line of today’s peoples.
    There was one time in the history of the human race when the estimated population of the earth was down to an estimated 10,000 and the female population down to 500 so the human race faced near extinction at least once in its history.
    It’s obvious if you read and accept even a small part of the scientific claims, is that the biggest problem the world faces today and into the future is over population. Apart from the air supply is the problem of food. I don’t think climate change comes as anywhere as near as important as other issues. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 1st October 2018 at 05:53 AM.

11. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders mate, thanks for that.
    The ozone layer we have been told here in Oz is a natural occurance, opening and closing with the seasons.
    But as with all such items it all depends on who is writing the report and what they want to impart to the public.
    Like you we are not big meat eaters, fish, chicken and some Pork, but only about once a month.

WE do not, as far as I know have any of the latest clean coal technology here in Oz though there is a big push for it.
    Most of what I learned about it was from our recent trip to Japan and south Korea.

Interesting article in our paper yesterday, she was chief of staff on one of our constantly changing PM.
    The PM she worked for , he signed up to the Paris agreement but not at the level they wanted, a lower one.

But this is the thrust of her argument.

In December world leaders will meet in Poland for the UN climate change conference.
    But this has nothing to do with rising sea levels, global warming a r any other part of the 'climate change' syndrome.
    The Paris agreement id not about the environment as we know it, rather it is about economical environment.
    It is about deindustrializing the West and imposing 'moral tax', as in carbon tax etc, on industrial nations that use fossil fuel to build wealth over the last two centuries.

The key to facilitate this is the new $100 Billion global climate change fund.

At the last meeting USA and Australia were accused of stalling as they called for greater transparency on the deal. Australia who produces only 1.3% of global emissions is expected to pay some $4 Billion into the fund.
    The funds are designed to prop up the budgets of poorer nations as they attempt to reach similar levels to that of Western nations.

As to costs of 'clean energy' not as cheap as it looks, a Chinese investor is paying $5Billion to build a giant solar farm in Queensland. He will want to make profit on that, he is not doing it for fun.

We are seeing more and more renewable energy being produced in Oz and for each new system that comes on line we pay more for gas and electicity.
    Since the clean energy debate began about five years ago the cost of power has just about doubled.
    But profits for the power companies is at the highest level ever.

Renewable energy does not require such a large work force once built, no power station to man, no mines to man.

Just a small work force to maintain it.

Roodders, we may have differing views on what this is all about, but to give you some idea of what it is about, here in Oz all our supermarkets have done away with the one way plastic bags to be replaced with 'green bags' which you must pay for though they are reusable though they will take about 4,000 years to rot down as opposed to the een way which go in about 6 months.
    The savings for the supermarkets, all combined, is about $3 Billion per year and the money from buying bags will generate about $1 Billion per year.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Agree Rob, am in agreement with a cleaner atmosphere for health reasons alone. This has been there long before climate change was used as an excuse for such. No excuses are needed for smog removal. Even in the 50s there were fines in certain areas of the world for pollution. This could have been more rigoursly pursued. The old practice of the bloke with boards round his neck with the words, THE END IS NIGH, does nothing for me as it does others.
    Cheers JWS
    Even in 60s you would be fined for making smoke for more 3 minutes when manouevering in the Greater New York harbour areas.

15. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast