Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Nhs

I have just been looking at this on the internet. We all know that the NHS is in a needy position, and the Doctors and nurses have made this film called *sell off*, the shortened version is available by clicking on the link within the article. I hope this is not going to get too political and incur the wrath of Doc and his pen, but i will post and see how it goes. I don't think anyone of us would not pay more to keep our wonderful NHS, Also hope this is genuine article, but if not feel free to delete, kt

Home - The Great NHS Heist Documentary

2. Thanks N/A, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Marian Gra Guest

Default Re: Nhs

Good luck with this one Keith! On reading the ''Blog'' there is an interview with Dr Bob Gill and 'Gorgeous George'':...So I'm out
    Last edited by Marian Gra; 17th February 2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Likes Bill Cameron, robpage, N/A, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If what they are saying about PFIs is true they are spanning , Major , Blair , Brown , Cameron and May , I don't believe they worked together, I hear what they say , but feel this is left wing stirring with no substance
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

6. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

to me he does seem to be not a little to the left of centre, difficult to find a bio of him.
    maybe he has a political agenda. with a bias.

Personally I have always had excellent treatment from the NHS including saving my life on a few occasions.
    I have No problems with it .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NHS Foundation trust were introduced in around 2001 and were modelled on the Canadian health system, they were supposed to create an internal market and drive up standards. They were given certain financial automoty, replacing the previous SHA's.
    Like many, on paper, good ideas they have ended up being a gravy train for non medical bureaucracy with C.E.O's of these trust's earning six figure salaries. Up here there are two trusts but just one C.E.O., just wonder does he get paid off each trust and how much of his working week does he spend on each trusts duty. In addition to this person there is a large amount of administration staff etc. All on good salaries and pensions, the costs of which all has to come out of the NHS budget. Until we get the NHS stripped of all the excessive managerial Deadwood, it Will always be in financial crisis.
    Rgds
    J.A.

9. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    to me he does seem to be not a little to the left of centre, difficult to find a bio of him.
    maybe he has a political agenda. with a bias.

Personally I have always had excellent treatment from the NHS including saving my life on a few occasions.
    I have No problems with it .
    off post subject Brian , but does that include the nurse in Boltonistan and the drug dealing allegations ?

, since September 2014 6 weeks in Portsmouth QA , 7 Weeks in Petersfield , a serious misdiagnosis ,, by a consultant who did not listen , Spinal Injury is rare only 40,000 in the whole UK , There are 145,000 with Parkinsons , the guy was out of his depth , but I kept saying there are six Titanium bolts holding my neck together , send home as geriatric , early body failure , challenged and 12 months later was sent as an inpatient to a private unit , cost the NHS £24,000 ,,, went from there after 8 weeks to three months in Stoke Mandeville , they are trying their best ,
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

11. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Cameron, N/A, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

off post subject Brian , but does that include the nurse in Boltonistan and the drug dealing allegations ?

Hi Rob, it started in 1948 and I can say I have no complaints apart from that episode by the Doctor and Nurse who were both immigrant. probably mixed up their files.

But with an organisation as Big as the NHS there going to be a few anomalies,
    I think there is more Success than failures in it, People do not give them enough credit.
    If there is a wrong Diagnosis or a mistake by a Doctor or a Nurse in the treatment,then the whole of the NHS is condemned. it is more likely to be human error than the whole of the NHS.
    The Successful treatments do not make Headlines.

But John Arton is right , the top is too heavy with too highly paid "Managers " who do not know what they are managing.

Every time I am treated at hospital I always write to the Consultants Secretary to thank Everyone involved in my treatment. The Secretary told me very few if any patients ever do thank them.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's the old story, is it not, good news does not sell papers, bad news is great for the media, especially the BBC.
    Vic

14. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.it only takes a minute to send Thanks and it is greatlly appreciated.
    This is a reply form the hospitall
    Brian

To: captainkong@msn.com
    Subject: RE: Thank you.
    Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:56:18 +0000

Dear Mr Aspinall

Thank you so much for your email.

I’ve forwarded it on to Dr Ma******* and the other doctors that you saw in theatre and clinic, and also the nurses and Reception staff.

I hope all is well with you now and wish you all the very best for the future.

Thanks once again, it really does make the job worthwhile when you know your efforts are appreciated!

With kindest regards

Lisa *******

Medical Secretary

16. Likes N/A, Bill Cameron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To the left the NHS is a political football, continually whinging about its shortcomings.
    Many have said the only way forward is to remove the NHS from the political arena, by forming a joint political committee to run it.
    The Tories a few days ago suggested a Queens Commission should be set up to review the NHS and make recommendations - guess what - Labour rejected the idea.
    Form your own opinions.
    Vic

18. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast