Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: English and Proud.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English and Proud.

As I said Braid , because I invested my redundancy wisely I am comfortable, But if I had not, and a lot of my mates spent the Redundancy as soon as they got it and are now on Tax Free Benefits. then I would be on the bones of my ass because they Tax me, The ones on Benefits do Not pay Tax.

Every man is in charge of his own Destiny. no one else.
    Brian

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn't say it is fair Brian. I also think these people you describe should be made to work for their benefits or lose them. On the other hand I have to disagree with you on the other matter - the vast majority of people in this world are NOT in charge of their own Destiny.

4. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Braid Anderson View Post
    I didn't say it is fair Brian. I also think these people you describe should be made to work for their benefits or lose them. On the other hand I have to disagree with you on the other matter - the vast majority of people in this world are NOT in charge of their own Destiny.
    we all make choices in our lives .....some make good choices some make bad choices ....that is the freedom in this country they cannot take away ....we all make decisions.....some right some wrong .......that is called freedom of choice.....freedom ofchoice.is what our forebears fought and died for......the choice which you have taken to be a writer and live in that part of the world you made the choice to live in.......we have died for freedom of choice for thousands of years ....it is the greatest gift we have.......the sad part is when we make the wrong choice ......many want to blame others for ther mistakes .....how many actually looked into paying for retirement...instead of expecting the state to pay .....they had that choice but did not accept it .......in my factory i called in a pension co to speak to my people ....they worked hard and were on the whole a cheerful bunch of folk i arreanged it in the last half our of the day.......iperson took advice out of 28 he now lives a very decent standard ......that was to me being in charge of his own destiny ....and having the choice of freedom to do so.......i see him on a regular basis and we always mention the pension ,,,,which is now always said from one to another .....dont mention the pension its a bone of contention....regards cappy

6. Thanks Captain Kong, Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #33.

Just thought I'd add this little bit of info on to Bill's well written list:-
    Sir David Stirling the Founder of the Special Air Services(SAS) was a Scot.
    He was born in the small parish of Lecropt in Perthshire.

FOURO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#39... That's the problem Brian, my brother is too proud to apply for benefits if he was due any. There is something wrong with the tax system when they also take tax and council tax at the full rate from such people. Pensions when it comes to so called ones from the Shipowner is a dirty word to me as was conned out of one by someone with the principles of an alley rat. The MN one which was contributory to is honest, however they did not live up to the full expectations of its members due to the decline in British Shipping. The old age pension in UK is open to debate in various forms, but when you hear of aliens receiving more than those entitled to, leaves the debate wide open. The EU insists I believe that the uk pay all benefits to those residing in the uk who have never paid into. They should adopt some of the retention of monies from such people as in Australia. I have lived in Oz now nearly 25 years and have never received one cent I wasn't entitled to. I have no moans about that it was my choice to come here in the first place. The 100s of thousands of those fly by nights living in the uk who are like vultures living off the state and others money, leaves a lot to be desired, and is on its own sufficient reason to leave the EU. Cheers John S
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th October 2015 at 01:35 AM.

9. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#44... My mother also a Scot so that makes me and my siblings half a one, and as the other half is Geordy which they reckon is a Scotsman with his brain removed, maybe three quarters then. JS

11. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #44... My mother also a Scot so that makes me and my siblings half a one, and as the other half is Geordy which they reckon is a Scotsman with his brain removed, maybe three quarters then. JS
    ###ye just gaan canny bonny lad .....why yer bugger man.......deent forget a naa ye......cappy

13. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Cappy maybe got it the wrong way round. Maybe should of been a Scotsman is a Geordie with his brains bashed out. Agree to that and your going to have the tartan hordes down in Yorkshire looking for you. Cheers John S

15. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Sorry Cappy maybe got it the wrong way round. Maybe should of been a Scotsman is a Geordie with his brains bashed out. Agree to that and your going to have the tartan hordes down in Yorkshire looking for you. Cheers John S
    ###why yer bugger man......yuv gon and sayed it all nooits to late wor sylvester is on the plane up to perf te see te yee ......think hes gone to the rang perf .......ne brain wor sylvester .....be lucky if wa ivver see him agin......canny find ees way back from jarra to the canny place man.....eeh a divnt naa........regards sylvesters brother

17. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah ken what ya mean. Doot uffers will bruv. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th October 2015 at 09:39 AM.

19. Likes cappy liked this post
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast