Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Role model

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Role model

it must be a few years since I used mine its in a draw somewhere with pictures of my last dog that's the only reason its not in the bin? when I was having health problem i had to buy Barbara a mobile I loaded it with credit she gave it away to an old dear she visits once a week. about a month ago I seen a young lad with ear phones in and texting while walking he walked right smack into a lamp post I wonder how many are getting killed in road accidents per year through using mobile phones...jp

2. Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a mobile phone on pay as you go, the contracts are too steep for me, in any case i hardly use mine, usually to call my wife to bring a cup of tea to me in front the TV!!!!!. Seriously, i see these quite young persons walking down the road, phone glued to their ear constantly, so i wonder if its bank of M&D paying for it all ??? KT

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the local chinese restaurantSaturday night, tabel along side us had seven adults on it. They spent the whole evening with their phones out comparing photos and texts. Is that communication now?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The last few post regarding cell phones brought to mind how technical life has become. Just got back from ten days of the annual hunt at a friends 120 acre bush lot.while in the bush everyone has a radio, portable gps and cell phone as we need to know where everyone isfor safety reasons. if you end up in a gully or swamp where the radio becomes weak, hopefully can get a phone signal so you can call or text each other, a cell tower is approx 5-6 mile away. also my friend and his son are both self employed, they bring their laptops with then so they can catch up when we come out for lunch. their trucks have power convertors fitted so to keep the units charged. when i am at home i only use the cell pone for emergencies when driving or to call home if at the store and she may need something. other than that don't really care for them.
    regards,stan

8. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    john sutton Guest

I had a Motorola brick when they were probably the only cellphone on the market.cost me over 2000pounds and the phone bill was over 100pounds a month.that was in1980.prior to that I had a british telecom car phone.that cost me over 3000pounds and cant remember what the bills were.try to forget.

10. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mobile phones if used for what they were designed are good. But should you venture here to Oz then beware. There are enormous stretches of land where it is not possible to get a signal. Out in the bush most use satelite phones, buit you can tell when you are getting close to a minning area, the phone comes back on.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3