Thread: Bobby Moore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Bobby Moore

Hello to any one who sailed with me in Esso between 1976 n 1986 if there is x seamates out there get in touch with me.Im retired now but would like to have know what people have been upto in the past years n have a reminice about my time in Esso n the people i sailed with.Like Milton Marage,Davy Mountain,Tommy Ecelston,Robie Pullen,Harry Singleton,ETC.So if u fancy a crack get in touch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bobby
    I was there then , I remember Dave Mountain.
    I was third mate on the VLCCs then when they went to Taiwan went on the coastal tankers as Mate.
    So was my brother John.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Welcome!

Hi Bobby (Not the Famous one )haha!
    Would just like to give you a warm Welcome to this very good site!
    Here you will find lots of info,a good Crew here and with luck also find a few old Shipmates!
    So sit back grab a Tinny,relax and just enjoy the trip!
    Hope we will have you here for a long time! Have a happy stay!

Cheers

Vernon (castleman)

Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bobby
    I joined Esso in 1978 left in 1983 i think we sailed on the Esso Clyde together.Icertainly remember Milton
    I left to be a milkman in the North East Saw more of my wife when i was at sea
    Happy days
    Allan Jackson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default terry lewis x esso

bobby how you doin mate, i do remember sailing with you but cant remember which ship,ill have to dig out my discharge book,im not really sure if you will remember me as i think i sailed with you only breifly,funny how things stick in your mind as i remember you had gone to watch alex higgins play snooker and he kept asking you to go to the bar for him i sailed with milton mirage , davey mountain, robby pullen,and tommy ecclestone all quite a few times and all great lads,i was on a train to aberdeen about ten year ago to join an anchorhandling ship and looked up further down the carriage there was tommy ecclestone,i wasnt sure it was him as we all change a lot as we get older eh,anyway i got up to go for a slash and thought go and speak to him, when i came back tommy had got off the train at stonehaven,i found out later he was on a course in stonehaven,i was on a crane course about 12 year ago and this geordie lad said he drinks with davey mountain , anyway i gave him my tel number and when i got home davey phoned me, i was made up to have a yarn with him,but hears the bad news he was telling me that his wife had left him and run off with some young kid and gone somewhere down south,then he was telling me he slipped in his back kitchen fell backwards banged his head on a wooden bench and broke his neck! he now can only walk with calipers to help him,and will never work again,so i was real sorry to hear that as davey was smashing lad eh,i cant even ring him now as ive lost his number, i myself have been working offshore on the rigs the last 12 years as a crane op,im presently working out in azerbaijan, formerly russia, doing a month on month off,the money is good but i miss the sea , and still sit back with a dram and think about times gone by,but theres no ships about now eh, anyway bobby drop me a line mate let me know how you doin, here is my e-mail address. terry.l@myship.karoo.co.uk regards terry lewis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Popeye, Sorry to hear about Dave Mountain. He was a nice fellow. I forget which Esso ship I was on with him.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default davey mountain

hi captain, yes your spot on davey was and still is a great guy, i sailed with davey maybe 4/ 5 times and he was always liked by all the crew,he was a really good seaman on deck,i like to think i was always pretty good when it came to splicing wire but davey showed me some good stuff how to splice wire to a thimble and keep it tight and not leave a jaw, splicing wire now is a forgotten art now,but i suppose you have to move with the times,being at sea wasnt just a job it was a way of life but i have no regrets , and what i loved was the comradship among us all was great but sadly nowadays thats all gone now.anyway take care captain and keep in touch, terry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by terry lewis View Post
    hi captain, yes your spot on davey was and still is a great guy, i sailed with davey maybe 4/ 5 times and he was always liked by all the crew,he was a really good seaman on deck,i like to think i was always pretty good when it came to splicing wire but davey showed me some good stuff how to splice wire to a thimble and keep it tight and not leave a jaw, splicing wire now is a forgotten art now,but i suppose you have to move with the times,being at sea wasnt just a job it was a way of life but i have no regrets , and what i loved was the comradship among us all was great but sadly nowadays thats all gone now.anyway take care captain and keep in touch, terry
    lo terry u probably dont know me (bobby moore)i also sailed with davey on numerous occasions in my10 yr with esso.i know he had a slght stroke years ago,ive seen him scince then went thru to shields to see him a few times but even that was a long time ago.i sailed on the tyne,forth,cardiff,(that i can remember)with davy as you say terry he's a great fella n seaman.i have completely lost touch with him and would like any info about him that you have,cheers terry look forward to hearing from you.bobby

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default bobby moore

I remember davy mountain and I am sorry to hear the news.good seaman

Has anyone got news on Dave hankinson as he paid off ill on the last trip on an esso tanker petro Fife to scrap.he was a good friend and I like to know how he is.

I think I was on Milton last trip,he was going to retire to Jamaica.

and I remember a lot of the old lads from my time 1980 -2003.

Now with BP where there still a few old esso personnel around.

take care

keith hodson