Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cruise ruined by tobacco executives

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cruise ruined by tobacco executives

Saw this on the internet today, another reason not to go cruising.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...ns-cruise/amp/
    Rgds
    J.A.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cruise ruined by tobacco executives

Now that is disgusting after all we don't all have Money to throw away on Cruises just to be given that sort of passage! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    They all should be made to pay some sort of Compensation for the inconvenience caused to innocent Passengers.
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Royal Caribbean, the company who ran the cruise, ae well known amongst those who cruise regularly as being into this kind of thing.
    Many of the companies do others such as country and western cruises etc, but the wise ones like us steer well clear of such.
    As another point of interest, Royal Caribbean have some of the smallest cabins on their ships, as small as 12 sq meters including en suite.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Certainly not going against your and Capt love of Cruising John but as I have said begore I feel that the Ships of Today are just Huge Hotels on the Water,might as well just book into a Posh Hotel with Water Views LOL
    The only time I would take a Sea trip again is when I really can get enough time (as I cannot be away too long ) at this stage anyway,and then only if I could get a smaller Tramp Ship that is going to nowhere and back,say Six Months or so! That now to me would be a good Sea trip.with the feel of the Sea below you like the old Times!
    Cheers

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with you there Doc, FFyfes used to do a cruise years ago, don't think they do it now, but had 12 passengers, and you did not know exactly how long it would take, as it depended on loading. They visited all the smaller places for the cargo of bananas. What appeared to me, was a few days at sea, and the ports of call were not the usual touristy places, but this sailing overnight and a new port the next day for a few hours, no, not for me. I am not knocking those that like their cruises, we all spend our money how we like to enjoy it, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many years ago the contracting arm of the local Electricity company used to throw an annual "Birthday " bash for customers , quite , nice affairs , free bar , free buffet just the senior engineers and management , they threw it open , when you let the loonies loose on a free bar, or company supplied bar , you never get good behaviour , corporate animal attitudes
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love cruising.
    BUT never ever go on a Big one, choose your cruise ship, itinery and Company care fully. it is the best vacation ever.
    I only go with Holland America`s small ships. They have the very best itineries,
    I am off on January 20 for two and a half months, on the World Cruise on the AMSTERDAM, only 850 passengers. every year we meet the same passengers, good to meet up again. We have plenty of sea days, at sea for seven days at a time, we see places very few people go to even after a lifetime of seafaring.
    This time we go from Miami to San Blas Islands, Columbia, through Panama with a stay, then ports in Ecuador, to Peru, a trip up the ANDES to Machu Pichu, the lost city, ports in Chile, across to Easter Island and the BIG Statues, then Pitcairn's Island to see my friend Jackie Christian, Fletcher`s decendent,very interesting. then to Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora , on to Tonga in the Friendly Isles, to New Zealand, Four ports before Australia, another four ports from Sydney to Darwin , Komodo Island to see the dragons, Bali and then Semarang in Java, then to Singapore, Have a week in Singapore to see my son and family and also Singaporean friends before flying home.

Now is being stuck in one place in a hotel seeing and doing the same thing day after day, [ how boring is that ] better than the cruise????

I cannot wait to go.
    I am 83 now, soon a CARE HOME MAY LOOM ON THE HORIZON AND SOME GANGSTER HOME OWNER WILL THEN TAKE ALL MY MONEY,
    Get it spent before it is too late, LOTS OF MY FRIENDS AND MY BROTHER ENDED UP THAT WAY, IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU SOON.When it has all gone I will get Benefits.

bRIAN
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 5th October 2018 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To each his own one day alone but that's life! LOL
    Enjoy Capt Enjoy!
    We are all different mate!
    Take Care and hope we may see you on your Arrival again!
    But one never knows what around that Corner!??
    Cheers

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are so many companies out there now, many specializing in families etc.
    Yes they are like very comfortable hotels, but hotels the go to places, some out of the way.

As Brian said, choose your ship, if you do not want hordes of kids stay away from Celebrity, not want Country and Music, stay away from royal Caribbean.

We have tried three companies, P&O, never ever again ship from hell, Royal Caribbean on one of the smaller ships, 72,000 tons no longer sailing from Oz. She was a comfortable one and one of the older ones, plenty of room.

Now we only use Princess, good ships not too big, biggest selection of ports of call of all companies.
    Look carefully, be a bit choosey and have a great time.
    We still keep in touch with 8 or 9 people we have met over the years on cruses.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seem to recall an article a few years back where an elderly lady had basically moved onto a cruise ship instead of a care home as it worked out cheaper and she got better service from the crew who had got to know her so well. She also got to travel all over.
    SDG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast