Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Round one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Round one

#28... Already told about my experience in Tralee Marion and is not a joke at least to me the assistant salesman appeared to be honest and faithful to his job. Went from Fenit to Tralee to buy a pair of shoes. Tralee being the nearest shopping centre. Saw a shoe I fancied and tried it on. As usual only one shoe was on display, in case anyone I suppose went galloping out of the shoe shop sporting a new pair without paying. When he went to find the other shoe couldn't find. Asked me to wait and went out the shop to other shoe shops to see if they had one, Came back all upset and then offered me the one shoe at half price. This is true in all seriousness, and he was serious as well. I turned the offer down of course, but again thinking back if that had been Cappy he would have snatched at the offer and Mary would now be sporting a decent shoe, doesn't matter it was a mans shoe, or the wrong foot, beggars cant be choosers. Cheers JS PS That was in 1978.Made such an impression have never forgot. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th February 2018 at 03:48 AM.

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Round one

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #21... Marian in the North Sea in winter time the life expectancy is about 5 minutes in the water. Out here up on the NW shelf is about 5 seconds on occasions. Remember the first year out here were doing an exercise of man overboard from rig. Before the FRC crew got there a shark beat them to it and all that was left to recover was a torn old orange boiler suit. The shark must have mistaken the straw stuffing for suet pudding. Cheers JWS
    John, a wonder you did not get done for cruelty to a protected species.LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4