Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: John Clark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: john clark

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #2... William if you think 16 pounds a day in 1984 on the stand by boats good money, so be it.--Regards John Sabourn PS as regards rig work there were very few ex seafarers on rigs, those that were all had rigging experience. JS
    i knew some ex abs wear took on the rig as rousterbouts but it was the 90 s when the big money started north sea thanks john
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 24th June 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: John Clark

thank you all for your comments as it turned out when i left the merch i found a job in mechanical engineering re tained ie machining fitting building engines pumps for the water industrie i have been here in this job since i left i am now called a costomer service engineer for the water indust world wide i have been lucky i still travell world wide have all my expesses paid stop in good hotels with good food ,BUT I STILL MISS THE SEA LIFE WHAT A FANTASTICK BUNCH OF GUYS YOU ALL ARE it was a privillage to work at sea great times great fun good friends made lff i had the chance , yes i would do it all over again

3. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes i had crap redundancy as well 1300 quid what a joke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14... John whilst not being pleased for you, am pleased others found that the pay off was lousy. At the time we received the coppers like beggars, the miners were receiving 20,000 pounds for 20 years service. Some say the Good Old British Owners, others tell the truth. You wont have seen all the posts on here, but out here redundancy was 1 months wages for every years service. Nowadays the government have got it reduced to 2 weeks for every years service, and are probably going for the big one and trying to model themselves on the British example and get out paying next to nowt. All the best.. John Sabourn

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John just looked at your ships the magna josafina was the forabay not falaba as i was on her paid off in houston
    did few trip on falaba john higgins bosun::

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello John,
    I remember you well from the Dumurra, I was a junior engineer and she was the happiest ship I sailed on. Like you I went on to sail with Bibbys: on the Dorsetshire and then the Derbyshire leaving just before her final voyage. I never sailed deep sea again but after 25 years ashore drifted into offshore renewables installation! There must be some sea water in my veins. Good to hear that you are ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2