Thread: Leonard Nemoy (Mr. Spock) passed away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Leonard Nemoy (Mr. Spock) passed away.

I know it's warp-speed away from Spock, but...

In the mid 1970s I was Food and Beverage Director of a large convention hotel adjacent to Los Angeles International Airport. The annual Star Treck convention convened. I, being a "treckie," had a great time watching re-runs, attending panel discussions etc.. Ninety per cent of the attendees were either dressed in their interpretation of "intelligent life from a galaxy near them," or they were dressed "hippy style" and having heaps of fun.

I had written three screen plays and sold options on two. A couple of screen writer friends were attending and introduced me to Gene Roddenberry, writer and producer of the Star Treck original series. We all ended up in the bar, and the talk was about movie writing, and I was eating it up with a spoon. G.R. sent me a hand written note.

Rodney,

Don't worry about enriching the nations literature...take the advance and run.

(Signed) Gene Roddenberry.

A couple of years later the Star Treck convention returned to L.A., but this time held at a rival hotel. I talked my wife into attending, being no "treckie" she reluctantly agreed. Out came my tie-dyed shirt and raggedy jeans, again I talked her into "getting with-it," and the pair of us walked into the hotel's ballroom like we had fell off a star ship....Except everybody this year was dressed in normal garb. To say my former wife was pished would be putting it mildly, and no that was not the cause of the divorce but probably a contributing factor.

Rest well Mr. Spock, you gave me much pleasure.

Cheers, Rodney (and still a treckie.)

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Leonard Nemoy (Mr. Spock) passed away.

Rodney, how much do you reckon his ears will bring in at the Grand Auction of his movie effects. Cheers JS

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Rodney Mills liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

Default Re: Leonard Nemoy (Mr. Spock) passed away.

#1 Hey "Silver Tongue"............"Live long and prosper."

6. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Braid Anderson liked this post