Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heading offon a jolly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Heading offon a jolly

###a guy asked me if i would like to invest in bringing motorcycles from the US about 30 or 40 years ago ....i asked him for some particulars and although the bikes were reasonably priced...the price of carriage customs duty and other additions made me not accept the offer .....his idea was to open shops with the imported bikes ......but at the scale he wished to go at ...the capital would have been phenomal.....he could not or would not understand this ....and although i said start smaller and grow ...he would not... and eventually went down his house and all......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, were these left hand drive motor bikes??
    Brian

PS
    I never liked Motor Bikes,
    My Cousin was Killed on a motor bike in a collision with a car. not going fast, just in the town centre here,
    I had a few near misses on my Vespa scooter, so prefer a car.
    cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 20th March 2017 at 11:05 AM.

3. Thanks cappy, Dennis McGuckin, N/A, Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, cappy, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

my uncle raymond was a despatch rider in the nortumberland fusiliers ......he was one of the last out of dunkirk......he then was sent off to singapore .......but his own triumph i believe 250......took pride of place in my grans house till he came home ....i was allowed to sit on it occasionally a great treat.....when working in oz along with two other guys we bought an old vincent black shadow from a hungarian young guy who got out from the uprising against the russians ....he was wanted for chucking molotov cocktails at russians......we would ride 14 or so miles to the nearest bar ,,,,and if you felloff drunk ..as we took turns driving it one in the middle and the one on the back often fell off......tough we didnt stop but laughed and kept going ......the bike would be worth thousands now i think it was 1000 cc.........ps truly happy memories now ..cappy

Lewis McColl Guest

https://youtu.be/XIn-P0swxyM . Earlier this month the N134 runs up into the Pyrennes and the Col du Somport tunnel 8.6kms long that tunnel and by the time you get to the other end you are bloody freezing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My cousin Vinnie had an ex police AJS and side car. Here we were in 1945 on their dairy farm with me on the front pretending to drive. We used to go taring around the countryside and as we appeared in any rear vision mirrors they'd slow down and shout out obscenities as we roared past.

When M and I got married the bloke next door had a couple of bikes; a BSA and a Sunbeam shaft drive. He let us borrow them and one Sunday we went to church on the Sunbeam, parked it and on return we boarded, I kicked over the engine and it caught alight. I had a brand new sports coat, threw it over and extinguished the flame, I put on my blackened sports coat, we got back on, I kicked it over again, it started, We set off and as we did so the whole congregation clapped.
    Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Richard Quartermaine; 25th March 2017 at 12:51 AM.
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    https://youtu.be/XIn-P0swxyM . Earlier this month the N134 runs up into the Pyrennes and the Col du Somport tunnel 8.6kms long that tunnel and by the time you get to the other end you are bloody freezing.
    No idea whats going on here but when i click on link i get back this notice, (Server not found ) Its been happening regular the last couple of days. Any idea's, got me puzzled!Got Norton Power eraser on it see how it goes' Any help would be Appreciated!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Charlie, I get the same at times and have been told it is one of the problems with the NBN not yet being fully functional.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Lewis McColl Guest

Um!!! strange!! I have just clicked on the link and it opened right away, I wonder is it because I am the original poster?
    Anyway if you would like to view go to Your browser is deprecated, please upgrade. - YouTube do a search for lew600fazer McColl and it should take you to my videos. I will be posting a few more of my recent Spanish trip. I really do need to be able to add a decent piece of music to as a sound track. Sadly with the volume on all you hear is wind noise.

10. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard, "my cousin Vinnie", sounds like that could be a title for a movie......just saying.....
    regards, stan

12. Likes John F Collier, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stan, that was a great comedy film My Cousin Vinny (1992) - IMDb . My cousin Vinnie is a good bloke. He and his wife are having trouble with their memories but they can still remember the good old days which is plus.
    Cheers, Richard
    Last edited by Richard Quartermaine; 25th March 2017 at 10:23 PM.
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast