Thread: M.N.O.P.F has not been paid since January

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default M.N.O.P.F has not been paid since January

I am not sure if this is the wright thread for this post so if it needs to be moved feel free ? I am at present travelling in the Orient and I am in Makassar (S. Sulawesi Indonesia) and will be leaving for Pontianak (Indonesian Borneo) On Wednesday, I am having a great time BUT I have noticed that my M.N.O.P.F has not been paid since January. I normally receive about 350 sterling on the 15th. of each month. I have tried emailing the fund to no avail the emails come back as unable to send to domain address etc. There is no point in phoning as they will not accept calls (They say that they can not be sure of the callers identity) I have no idea of my pension fund members number and can only get that when I arrive home. While it is not urgent to receive the money I would prefer it to be in my bank account and not theirs. So the question is has anyone got any ideas on how to achieve that. Thanks J.W.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: M.N.O.P.F has not been paid since January

Hope that someone can assist you
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks john walker thanked for this post
    Likes john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John there was a letter came last week to all members to say something about a “ proposed transfer of pension annuity business from the prudential assurance company Ltd. “.
    A lot of bumf and going through the legalities of what they have to do..
    It does not affect the terms and conditions of your policy with Rothesay life.
    You did not have to answer the letter, but by law they have to tell you,
    I don’t know if mine has gone into the bank this month as only check when it goes in about the 17th as must take a little longer to get here by carrier pigeon.
    If you have no objection to the letter you don’t have to answer it.
    The Australian OAP is the one which they stop if you disappear for over 6 weeks out of the country atthis side of the world. Maybe your name and number may have got lost among all the red. Tape ? Or hopefully you will find it in the bank intact. I only keep a check on mine when I draw out of the cash machine the money to replenish the bar fridge and know by the total how much remaining. However this month with being a good lad and not drinking too much beer haven’t been to the machine that gives one money out of thin air. You’ve got me worried now. Still is a good excuse to give the wife that I have to purchase another case of beer just to check on the pension going in. Cheers JS

PS if Capt. Kong is reading this he will be having palpitations worrying about if his pension has gone into the bank. While he sips his martini at the captains table. Watch out for those head hunters where your at . Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th February 2019 at 06:57 AM.

6. Thanks john walker thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I get a statement about the 23rd of each month which shows my MNOPF paid in on the 15th of Jan. I also got the bumf from Rothsay Life which says it will not affect my payments. Rgds Den

8. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John Walker. As J.S. has pointed the pension fund was divided between various companies at a fixed rate with no increases. It still comes under the heading MNOPF. if you wish to contact them I will attach a copy from the 2018 Annual Report. Hope it helps.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4... ditto Den, mine is always in by the 18th. Of the month as Long as it isn’t a Saturday or Sunday in which case it tends to go in earlier rather than later. I get 4 bank statements a year and as the pension is in Australian dollars is how I Declare it to the Tax man and probably why I pay a tax on it, not big money, but any money when retired is looked on as essential. In fact it gets into a special account for the likes of income tax. So is how I know when it goes in is as said by buying my case of beer and getting a receipt from the machine of how much is in that account, as said previously I took early and is only a small pension, but was a life saver in the uk when working on slave wage non federated ships who didn’t pay into the fund. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th February 2019 at 03:55 AM.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #4... ditto Den, mine is always in by the 18th. Of the month as Long as it isn’t a Saturday or Sunday in which case it tends to go in earlier rather than later. but was a life saver in the uk when working on slave wage non federated ships who didn’t pay into the fund. JS.
    John, not wanting to be personal but is this pension one you paid into?
    If so it was most likely from after tax deductions so you should not have to add to any tax returns.
    Works the same way as UK pension from NHS, all tax paid.
    Only NZ has a double taxation policy.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th February 2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post