Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CEO pay and retirement bonus

Lewis McColl Guest

Default CEO pay and retirement bonus

I have been asked by a member of admin to start this thread.
    What do you reckon is this guy worth a bonus.

Off thread this one , talking about hand outs Richard Scudamore the CEO of the Football Premier league!!It has been suggested that every PL club cough up £250,000 each as a thankyou/farewell bonus for the outgoing CEO. Not as if he is not on a decent wedge as it is. £900,000 +up to £2.5million in bonuses. Bloody disgusting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Scudamore.
    I just wish every shipping company I worked for over the years would say here you go Lew, get yourself and the wife a drink. Apparently a few of the clubs have told them to take a hike. Hopefully he will do what a lot of pro footballers do when they have a testimonial at the end of there careers and donate the monies received to a worth while charity. Sorry for going of thread. Lew

2. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: CEO pay and retirement bonus

Here in Oz we have just had a Royal Commission into the banking and finance industry.

As a result a number of CEO have had to take a haircut.

CEO of one bank National Australia Bank had his take home pay, base salary, cut by $2.5 million.
    He is complaining about that.

Many will lose any bonus they at one time received, often for doing nothing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes N/A, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He has successfully negotiated the TV contracts / auction , worth £5,000,000,000 , from which the clubs all benefit , when you are dealing in telephone number style finances this is what you get .the CEO to look at is the Persimmon Homes boss , annual bonus £110,000,000
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

6. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no one on this earth worth so much money. It is utterly beyond all reasonable discussion , is just absolute unthinkable to the average dweller on this earth. To earn such he must improve profits to such an extent as to even get anywhere near such earnings, and the main way of doing that is by getting his or her wages bill down , and this means cutting back on work force numbers and salary’s , in fact is plain blood sucking like a leech off his/ her fellow members of society. Gives unions all the propoganda and leverage they need to go on strikes or whatever. In short he who gets such sky high salary and bonuses is living off the money that the workers are earning for him to pay his exorbindant salary. It’s a wonder he can sleep at night, maybe he doesn’t. Unprincipled is the first word that springs to mind. Then to crown it all some of them donate so much to charity to use as tax evasion, and get knighthoods etc. I wouldn’t pay to go and watch any professional sports for the reason I don’t agree sport for one thing should be dealing in such gross manipulation of the public. Don’t even watch it on TV. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th November 2018 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the football premiership costs the taxpayer nothing , Persimmon takes a government subsidy to provide affordable homes
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Blame everyone who supports and watches football. they all contribute.

I have never spent one penny watching any kind of football match since March 1946, 72 and a half years ago. not even on TV, never ever seen a match since then, and then they charged me an old 9 pennies,
    If everyone did the same there would be no wages or bonus for anyone playing football.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don’t even know who you are talking about Rob. My reply is to any CEO receiving huge salary’s and bonuses, through scaremongering and other anti union talk by the establishment, I have seen shipping changes in the UK and now here in Australia . If Ihad a choice as regards shipping here in Australia I would prefer it to go back to 1991 standards where if you weren’t an Australian resident you didn’t get a job. Today as far as I know that has all gone I am told , with the subsequent lowering of salary and conditions. Maybe it is time for a change of rethink as regards Australia. They already profess to have strict anti illegal immigration laws , why discard also the Australian jobs for Australians. Maybe it is time for a change of governments here. Just a pity about the twerp who will get the PMs job. As John in Oz says there has been a big shake up of the banks here and the dirty washing requires more than Persil to get rid of the bad smell and stains that some of these so called high flying layabouts have cost the general public, if they weren’t a protected species most of them would be doing time. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th November 2018 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob, I wouldn’t pay a 100 dollars to go and watch an Ozzie footy match , standing a couple of hours watching grown men kick a rugger ball around , that is to me expensive enough self inflicted masachosim . Some may like it, I can’t afford it and even if I could would not waste my money. JS

13. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Scudamore's basic salary was £900,000 p.a. and with bonuses he received £2.5m,well paid for doing his job.
    Chelsea are the instigators of the club bonus to Scudamore's, asking cubs to contribute £250,000 towards his bonus.
    These same clubs pay them minimum wages to their general staff, if they can afford bonus better giving towards their own staff.
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

I have sailed with a few Australians, men & women in BP, sorry lads, talk about whinging poms!!! all they did was complain that the money and conditions on Australian flagged ships was so much better than BP. Usual response was well why aren't you on an Australian flagged ship? can't get a job on an Aussie ship!!! well suggest you shut f--- up then.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast