Thread: CEO pay and retirement bonus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: CEO pay and retirement bonus

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    and I thought they used the Jungle
    ###wouldnt like to bare me ass in the jungle......but then sure there are those that would ......lol cappy

2. Likes robpage, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JSW.

John;

I wondered when you called me Roger whether it was a Freudian slip, you know the other guy from Southend, the one that writes so good and is sorely missed on this site at least by me.

If you remember prior to my comment about your then political views, being fair you had been praising the thoughts— of Chairman Mao of China and Joseph Stalin of the USSR. Since then your views have swung to the right a bit, praising the actions of President Rodrigo Duerte who is at the last count responsible for over 6000 deaths (without trial) of assumed druggies. Many of which have been proven to be score settling by both the police and other druggies. None of them proven in a court of law.

My tagging you though was wrong and I apologize for the name calling. This was brought home when I, to much amusement by a few on this site, was as good as handed the white feather for stating I had the "Veterans Badge," and proof was demanded. Which once I had got over my outrage, I so provided which ended that.

It obviously sticks in my craw as my name call of you must too. I apologize again, I overstepped the bounds of sound arguments. and resorted to name calling. You and I will always disagree, we believe in the opposite sides of the spectrum, but I will try to keep it within bounds.

To continue with your post:

I was a catering boy for the two years it took before becoming a rating after which I volunteered as much as they would allow for me to go to The Union-Castle Catering School to study and learn cooking. I held my B.O.T. Ship's Cook ticket (#40151) at 19 years and 7months of age and was the youngest to pass.

I was a certified Master Chef by the Academy of Master Chefs of America at age 33 ( minimum age 35, I received a dispensation). I was certified Master Craftsmen by the Cookery and Food Assoc. of G.B. #11452 at age 37. I won numerous awards in culinary art shows (photos available upon request).

Because of an inadequate education I studied math, accounting, business math, general US education, and English, and I am half way through university level political science.

A more accurate description of my "Class," would be "poverty class". I wore secondhand clothing until I could afford to buy clothes myself.

I made bricks, piece work, three formed raw bricks every seven seconds...I hated it. I felt like a beast of burden. This drudgery and slave labor was not for me.

I traveled to the docks via train. The carriage was full of office workers going up to the city in a daily commute. God how I envied them. Years later I was the only person, standing on the platform in a January Connecticut blizzard waiting for a late running train commuting to work in the city and loved it, I had achieved a goal I set my self as a .kid.

I was carving on a buffet in the first class dining room. The bloods all passed through, getting lunch, laughing and enjoying life and I could have been a potted palm tree with a knife for all they knew or cared. I vowed to my self that one day I would be that side of the table.

I remembered clearly that moment while having supper one evening in Maxim's of Paris. I was the other side of the table.

I mention these things to show I am goal oriented. Once I have a goal I put blinders on and put everything I've got in achieving my aims. My goal was to get out of the "working-class". I did, to find out you continued to work your ass off in the "executive class" in order to stay there.

Finally, I am a rat-pack. I save everything. (except my childhood used clothing). I have references, certifications, trophies, photos of same, of everything I claim...I do not bull ****. I even have a cigar ashtray from Maxim's. I have albums of photos taken while in my hippy period traveling, and stored on computer.

I live good. I own a lovely home with a dock along side the water and a twenty foot pontoon boat, but don't go out much on it now, I have a wife I love dearly, even though she was a school teacher and corrects my inadequate spoken grammar constantly. No debts and live within my means and am as happy as a clam at full tide. And not a bit ashamed, I bloody worked hard for it as did others on the site, born in to the "working-class", and got themselves out. However, I am compassionate to those (not bludgers) less fortunate and support financial assistance to them.

I have always been a Republican both in the form of a constitutional form of government and in my choice of political party, but always a centrist. Trump has caused me to vote Democrat and change my party affiliation from Independent to Democrat. I didn't leave the Republican party, they left me, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan.

I have never supported hand outs to bludgers or claimed all dive in to national assistance. Yes I believe in Global Warming, but I do not support the radical left that drive nails into trees to harm loggers or any of that nonsense no more than I do for Trump and the radical right. I'll repeat, I'm a centrist and believe in moderation.

I hope I have responded to all the points you made.

Rodney

Lewis McColl Guest

Sorry, no offence intended, Rodney just a bit of humour from a fantastic British comedy.

https://youtu.be/ahcuPHVz6aM

Admin only humour is intended no insults implied please feel free to remove if requested to.
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 19th November 2018 at 09:22 PM.

5. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###couldnt give a toss about what anyone else gets .......nobody gave a toss about what i got when i had nothing .....cappy
    Hi Cappy.
    I was up the club a few months ago and the barman asked are you going to get pay TV to watch the boxing? I said why? When i was at sea no one paid to watch me fight.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, no offence taken. Neither you or Delboy could convince me (or Rodders) that we are plonkers, I never drink wine to excess, well not often, not since I got smashed on Doctor Penfolds elixir. on February 4, 1953, Port Melbourne and almost threw up a wee furry ring thing, but held it back in time.

I agree though that that was the funniest show ever made. I was visiting my friend of 58 years in Oregon who arrived in the States the same day I did, he from Woolwich. London. He had all the shows taped and we watched about six in a row and I nearly wet my undies laughing. Since then I watch them on our NPR TV(Nation Public Radio/TV). Never get bored watching them.

Have a good day, Rodney

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My brother has the lot all on tape. When we need a good laugh we visit and he plays some of it.
    Best comedy show going in my opinion.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you can access Netflix, they are running all the episodes of "Still Game". It is about the day to day antics of two pensioners in Glasgow, absolutely brilliant (providing you dont mind the language).
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 21st November 2018 at 10:01 AM.

11. Thanks Rodney Mills, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4