Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Airport drinking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Airport drinking

Newcastle apparently had to remove I believe 135 drunken passengers last year ,easy solution closed the bars or fine the idiots plenty.i have noticed stacks of people getting on planes obviously canned then they are served more booze during the flight when it's obvious that they have had enough,you can pick them out by their noisy behaviour but they still get served ,tell me what the hell is going on with the airlines,they just ask for trouble!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Airport drinking

No drunks should be allowed on any plane, They can cause unsafe situations.
    I was on a Air France flight from Dubai to Paris, over twenty french men started a drunken fight , diving over seats causing all kinds of mayhem,
    very dangerous/
    Another time flying back for Sydney ,stopped at Bangkok, a load of drunk Germans came on board, they were abusing the Stewardess`s pissing in the ailsas ,shouting and screaming,
    one fell across the aisle, and his head landed on my leg, I smashed him with a big iron fist as hard as I could on his temple,, he fell unconscious on the deck, I helped the Staff to throw him back into his seat.
    THEN I stood up and pointed to each one in turn and said, You lost twice want to make it a third time?? while holding a big iron fist in front of them , They shut up and stayed quiet and asleep all the way to Frankfurt where they got off. A buch of drunken cowards.
    Another rneason I hate europeans.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 8th August 2018 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

''#####was on the flight in oz 88 when ian botham caused chaos crushing beer cans so the beer flew all over ...the flight girls were given a hard time etc he was holding a guy by the throat as the plane came down ....slung in gaol that night .....oz major air lines refused to fly him ....now sir ian botham...such is life...cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Moat airlines now are very selective in the amount of booze they serve.
    Not sure how it works with flights out of UK, but any from Oz are very tight.
    Many can be seen at the bars prior to departure but not seen any the worse for drink in years.
    The airports authorities are very strict here and any on even suspected of being drunk would not be allowed to fly.

Having said that, way back in 2003 we took a flight to Bali with a small airline, 'Paradise Air'.
    It is a 5.5 hour flight and they were serving booze, I was forced to consume 14 cans of beer on that flight and her in doors had to down 10 Vodkas and lemonade.
    I am pleased to say on the way back it was a night time flight with very little booze available.

I am pleased to say that airline is now long gone.
    I would never fly with an airline that is prepared to take me on board and instruct me to consume so much in such a short time.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With the cost of a drink being what it is at heathrow airport (A pint of Lager £5.50 and a small glass of white wine at £5.30 ) I would be surprised if anybody could afford to get drunk? not forgetting that the departure lounge is a duty free area? Maybe it has something to do with people eating on an empty stomach as cottage pie at £12.50 or a cheeseburger at £13.50 encourages people to go on a diet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    Newcastle apparently had to remove I believe 135 drunken passengers last year ,easy solution closed the bars or fine the idiots plenty.i have noticed stacks of people getting on planes obviously canned then they are served more booze during the flight when it's obvious that they have had enough,you can pick them out by their noisy behaviour but they still get served ,tell me what the hell is going on with the airlines,they just ask for trouble!!!
    Dave
    The prices they charge for any drink in Newcastle airport, it's a wonder you have any of your holiday cash left after buying a round.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its a fix... arriving at Qatar airport on way home to Australia and change of flights, had course to take certain tablets. All the drinking fountains in the airport were out of order. So had to buy a bottle of same for about 3 quid, this bottle was immediately taken off you on entering the departure lounge as is prohibited in hand luggage. Suppose it keeps Gunga Din in business. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why not just have a Breath Test Like the Car ones, do it at the Check in Desk just before Boarding ,if you are over the Limit same as the Car then you forfeit your Flight!

And No issue of any Alcohol on any Fights! Tea Coffee and Soft Drinks only there is plenty of time once you arrive at your Destination to get sozzled!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

9. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Qatar is the last airline I would fly with. they even ran out of food on a flight from Perth to London. 24 hours and No food. Qatar airport was like.a refugee camp. that was three years ago.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do believe Quatr air line is an alcohol free airline.
    However you are permitted, so I have been reliably informed, to take on board small bottles of alcohol for your flight.
    They are sold at some of the airports the airline uses and made especially for them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast