Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who drinks in thes pubs

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Who drinks in thes pubs

Sometimes it is better to, rather than just react and start a bandwagon, take time out.

If things are larger than they seem, sleep on it. The press will pick it up no doubt and report or the problem has gone away or been solved.

Tomorrow is always another day.

Keith.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Think Tweeting helps nobody. Trump should know better.

J D Wetherspoon‏
    Verified account
    @jdwtweet

We do support the Poppy Appeal in all of our pubs. Please ignore spoof sites.

- Wetherspoon Official.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bengy Roberts View Post
    You certainly go into detail,thats what it is all about,get banter going,,well done friend BENGY

PS. St Ives once had its very own shipping company called The Hain Line. From the 1850s, Captain Edward Hain, who was from a long line of local fishermen, built up a small fleet of sailing ships. The company later switched from sail to steam and expanded rapidly. During 1906–c1930, these premises were the Hain Shipping Office and then the Hain Estate Office. The building later became part of Curnow’s Hotel and then a nightclub, in 1978.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/a...n-line-st-ives

5. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Bengy, I will take onboard what Keith says and wait and see if there is any truth in it. Personally when I am over at home I drink in my local pub even though there is a Weatherspoons 200 metres up the road. Weaatherspoons along with cheap supermarket booze are killing local pubs.

Was not endorsing Weatherspoons, the policy should have worked, no music etc, creates conversation but, I find it worse than a disco, everyone's conversations get louder and louder, with nothing in the background and may stop an hour in the smoking garden, bliss.

K.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bengy Roberts View Post
    You certainly go into detail,thats what it is all about,get banter going,,well done friend BENGY

The Night Shift.

A man got a job as a night watchman at a factory.* There had been a lot of thefts by the workers on the night shift, and so every morning when the night shift workers passed through his gate it was his job to check their bags and pockets to make sure that nothing was being stolen.

Things were going along very well the first night on the job until a man pushing a wheelbarrow of newspapers came through the gate. Aha, he thought, that man thinks he can cover up what he is stealing with that newspaper.* So he removed the paper only to find nothing.* Still he felt that the man was acting strangely, so he questioned him about the paper.

"I get a little extra money from newspapers I recycle, so I go into the lunchroom and pick up all the ones people have thrown away." The guard let him pass, but decided to keep a close eye on him.* The next night it was the same, and the night after that. Week after week it went on.* The same guy would push the wheelbarrow of newspapers past the guard's checkpoint.* The guard would always check and find nothing.

Then one night, about a year later, the guard reported for work only to find a message had been left for him telling him to report to the supervisor.* He walked into the supervisor's office and before he could say a word, the boss said, "You're fired!"

"Fired?" he asked in total surprise.* "Why?* What did I do?"

"It was your job to make sure that no one stole anything from this plant and you have failed.* So you're fired."

"Wait a minute, what do you mean failed.* Nobody ever stole anything from this place while I was on guard."

"Oh, really," the boss answered.* "Then how do you account for the fact that there are 365 wheelbarrows missing?"
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 26th October 2017 at 09:09 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Think Tweeting helps nobody. Trump should know better.

J D Wetherspoon‏
    Verified account
    @jdwtweet

We do support the Poppy Appeal in all of our pubs. Please ignore spoof sites.

- Wetherspoon Official.

FAKE.

https://twitter.com/jdwtweet/status/...93060902195202

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I noticed last time in UK that most of the beers we knew are no longer.
    Gone such as Trumans, the one we leased our pubs from, Watneys, Ind Coope, and a few others.
    Never heard of With a Spoon but have been told so many of the pubs we knew are no more.

Last time I was in a London pub an Irishman came in and asked for a pint.
    Whitbreads, said the barman,
    Yes please, two slices will be nice.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One Beer I loved at the time was the "Newcastle Brown Ale" as I don't take any drink now ,I wonder if its still going!
    Another old favourite was Watneys as you mention John.
    And of course the good and best "Black and Tan"
    Followed by a Jug of good Scrumpy! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Newcastle Brown was moved to Gateshead when Scottish & Newcastle breweries took over Fedeation Brewery , when Heineken bought them out it was moved to the John Smith Tadcaster Brewery 100,000,000 bottles a year sold in the UK . In 2000 the name was changed NEWCASTLE BROWN the word ALE being dropped

rather than perpetrate False News , and assist in spreading garbage there is a site called SNOPES that lists nonsense and often vindictive posts to save propagation of Fake Newd
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2