Thread: Cameron

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Cameron

David Cameron was guest of honour at a meeting of Tory backbenchers Wednesday night – and took the opportunity to mock Boris Johnson.
    The former Prime Minister, who led his party to power in 2010 and 2015, was invited to the meeting of the Conservative’s 1922 Committee to receive a special gift – a signed first edition of Winston Churchill’s book on his early life.
    According to one MP, Cameron took the opportunity to make a joke at the expense of his former nemesis, who has written a book about Churchill.
    “I heard I was being presented with something on Churchill. I thought ‘Oh my God, it’s Boris’s book’,” he was reported to have said.
    Johnson missed the gag, as he arrived in the Committee Room just as Cameron finished speaking.
    *After being greeted by much cheering and desk banging from Tory MPs, Cameron filled them in on what he’d been doing with his time since quitting as an MP last September.
    “I’ve brought a hut and taken up smoking,” he is reported to have said.
    The ‘hut’ is actually a £25,000, 16ft by 7ft shed, which the former Prime Minister plans to use to write his memoirs in.
    As for the smoking, Cameron was snapped enjoying a cigarette and glass of white wine at the Wilderness festival in Oxfordshire – while a girl wearing a jacket emblazoned with pink heart and the word Corbyn gave him a hug.
    Advertisement

A look at the garden shed Cameron bought for £25,000 - Slideshow by Business Insider

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cameron

Here is Dave outside his hut as he likes to call it.
    Regards.
    Jim.b.

BBAyu5I.jpg
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Thanks Captain Kong, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Marian I could have knocked that up myself for a dam sight less than £25k, money to burn and also started smoking again silly man.

6. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Okay can do but you will have to pay transport costs. I love playing with bits of wood.
    Many years ago I used to do a lot of small boat sailing. I was given an old yacht which had not seen the water for many years.
    I removed all her decking and frames so all she had left of the orignal boat was her keel.
    I went into a forest in N Wales and bought two trees (Larch) I wanted her to be built from the same timber as the day she was first built(1903) she was on Oak frames (Ribs) It took me nearly 4 years to complete. I had to steam all the frames and machine the planks +steam into shape as every plank was different. She was clinker builtshapeimage_1.jpg she was called Carmen. She is still sailing today, she is No9 in the photo.La%20Giaconda.jpg
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 7th September 2017 at 12:15 PM.

8. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it looks like a Shepheards hut from a Dorset company called Plankbidge www.plankridge.com , they have a woodburner for winter and ae handmade and not cheap . It seems a shame that a guy can't speak at a private function without a journalist reporting itn
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I knw some one who paid £20,000 for one , beautiful craftsmanship , but I want shower , toilet and heating at that price
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

12. Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every married man needs a shed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That 'shed' looks very similar to some of the railway cargo carriages used back in the 50's and 60;s.
    But if he paid $50,000 he got done.

Maybe this is Karma for all the crap he dished out when PM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Captain Kong, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lets hope about 20 immigrants squat in it that will teach the bastard? jp

17. Likes Captain Kong, Dennis McGuckin liked this post