Thread: High rise Cladding

Lewis McColl Guest

Default High rise Cladding

I was filling the car up yesterday in Bordeaux and spotted this going on in a block of high rise flats. My son asked the guys doing the work wasit fire proof seeing as what happened recently in London. They said that this material was Rockwool and complied to class A2 s1, d0 according to EN 13501-1.
    What ever that is. Also you can see in the photos they have added new glass fronted lifts and knocked through the old lift shafts. These are council flats.
    Flats.jpgFlats2.jpg
    Perhaps some one from council planning could pop over the channel and maybe learn a thing or two. There are a lot of tower blocks in Bordeaux.
    My son's inlaws own their own appartment and they have fantastic views over the city they are on the 9th floor.
    How is this for taking the michael though , they have a special tax in Bordeaux called Panaramic view tax wtf, do they have such a thing in the UK?

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: High rise Cladding

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    How is this for taking the michael though , they have a special tax in Bordeaux called Panaramic view tax wtf, do they have such a thing in the UK?
    Not yet, but it is in Corbyn's manifesto and is known as the amenities tax, which includes having a larger garden than your neighbours, having a better view than your neighbours such as a sea view when your neighbours don't, having on site parking facilities, your garage is already included under the Council tax, having a 'dropped kerb' will increase your rateable value, so plenty mickey taking here if JC gets in

4. Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: High rise Cladding

Hi Lewis.
    As the union sight delegate building Westmead Hospital in Sydney; at the time the biggest in Australia, I was instrumental in banning rock-wool from the site, later it was banned from all sites, reason, a plumber putting the stuff around pipes got a nose bleed, we took some to a testing clinic and they declared it more dangerous than asbestos, it may be fire proof but not lung proof.
    Here in Sydney they are passing the buck over the high rise dangers, this will go on until we have a similar fire to London, two years ago we had a fire in a flat in a high-rise because the owner had squeezed more bedrooms in, two young Chinese girls were trapped; too high for the ladders, they both jumped one died the other crippled for life, I can't remember anyone being charged. Developers reign supreme with our State Govt.
    Cheers Des

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post