1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lives of the liners: Apple pie

0 Comments by Doc Vernon Published on 11th January 2018 08:58 AM

“My first cruise was on the Constitution. The year was 1962,” recalled a man now here onboard the Crystal Serenity. “It was a family trip – 23 days as I recall and we called at Casablanca,Gibraltar, Naples, Genoa, Cannes and home at Gibraltar a secondtime. We were in cabin class and it was all veryAmerican: Friendly service from American stewards & waiters –and lots of roast beef, mashed potatoes & apple pie. The ship wasalways immaculate – shining from end to end! The Constitution wasa great beginning. I’ve been on over 70 cruises since then –including 20 on Crystal!”

RECOLLECTIONS OF 12TH AVENUE

A good number of passengers, some ex-New Yorkers and here onthe Crystal Serenity, have told me of their recollections of LuxuryLiner Row -- seeing the great & often grand liners and those 1100-ft long,green-colored finger piers.

LIVES OF THE LINERS: CHANGE IN PLANS

"The Orsova (1954) was a very popularP&O-Orient ship," remembered Howard Franklin, "Myself, I wasbooked for 1974 world cruise. But it was changed to the Canberra --and the Orsova was sold to be scrapped instead."
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th January 2018 at 09:06 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks John Callon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes John Callon liked this post
  3. Total Comments 0

Comments