PDA

View Full Version : Dont mess with Scouse tradesmen

Keith Tindell
22nd January 2019, 09:55 AM
Saw this on the news, seems the guy did not get paid the right amount !!!!, kt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46953987

John Pruden
22nd January 2019, 10:41 AM
nothing wrong with that keith I have wanted to do that many a time with some people I have worked for? I learned to wright down everything I had to do and a price some expect lots more than you priced for? to some small buisnesses 600 pound is a lot of money and cant afford to Waite months for? jp:p

robpage
22nd January 2019, 12:16 PM
Many years ago a colleague owned a small garage a single mother came in her car has failed the MOT due to corrosion in the brakes it took it to Pieces had to renew half the brake line and several bits of hydraulics along it completely fix the brakes and told her it was outside the garage ready for her to come and pay the bill and collect it and the bill was around 200 she had a spare set of keys and overnight took her own car back without paying she was a single mother didn't have the money and he could take you to court if she wanted he'd never get his money he was so infuriated that he went round in the night Jack the car up completely removed all the materials that he had fitted stuck signs on the windows of the car not to be driven brake pipes have been removed and she went to the police believe it or not and we are talking about 30 years ago he was told by the police to go and refit all the pipe work or he would be prosecuted that the non-payment was a civil matter with the criminal damage that he had done was a police matter so I quite like the guy with the bulldozer

Keith Tindell
22nd January 2019, 12:16 PM
I,m not disagreeing with it John, my father in law was a small builder, just two of them, he refused to do any work for big companies, because they shafted him once, and that was enough. The big companies like Travelodge will keep everyone waiting for your money, obviously you ave experienced it yourself, good luck to him, kt

robpage
22nd January 2019, 12:20 PM
I,m not disagreeing with it John, my father in law was a small builder, just two of them, he refused to do any work for big companies, because they shafted him once, and that was enough. The big companies like Travelodge will keep everyone waiting for your money, obviously you ave experienced it yourself, good luck to him, kt

Before Carillion went bust they were paying their contractors 120 days from the date of invoice at the earliest then at the 120 days they would quibble without the invoice get it reissued and take another 120 Days it happens with a lot of the big contractors so other defence contractors the particularly big ones are just as bad

Keith at Tregenna
22nd January 2019, 10:45 PM
Apparently, the digger driver who trashed Travelodge over '600 unpaid bill'
had 'ALREADY been paid but failed to check account' - as police are set to
quiz man over carnage.

K.

Des Taff Jenkins
23rd January 2019, 12:04 AM
Hi Keith
A panel on TV here showed that carnage, then one of them said it was the Duke of Edinburgh back on the road, they couldn't shut the audience up from laughing.
Des

Keith at Tregenna
23rd January 2019, 12:12 AM
Welcome to Travelodge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0V-glcDFgU&feature=player_embedded

happy daze john in oz
23rd January 2019, 05:13 AM
May be more to this.
Was he at any time a guest at another Travelodge and got a bad deal?

Keith at Tregenna
23rd January 2019, 05:20 AM
The incident is believed to stem from a dispute over wages,
the matter is now under police investigation.

K.

happy daze john in oz
23rd January 2019, 05:26 AM
That was stated earlier, now sounds a bit like an echo.

Keith at Tregenna
23rd January 2019, 05:28 AM
Simply in reply to #9.

K.

Red Lead Ted
23rd January 2019, 02:04 PM
The incident is believed to stem from a dispute over wages,
the matter is now under police investigation.

I take it the police are going to pay him then, All 200 of them employed on Merseyside tarpaulined muster then. I don't think this guy will be worrying that much lads :tr_oops: